Top running backs in Utah history

Viewing 6 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We have had a lot of very good running backs over the years. Here is my list:
      1. Moss (We all know what he did.)
      2. Carl Monroe (His 1982 season was epic. If I remember right – he led the nation in all-purpose yards.)
      The rest in no particular order
      John White
      Popcorn Rodgers
      Jamal Anderson
      Mike Anderson
      Eddie Johnson
      Joe Williams
      Asiata
      Chris F. (Can’t remember how to spell his last name.)
      Devonte Booker
      I am sure I am missing other good ones, but these are the ones that come to mind.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Nevermind, I have reading comprehension issues apparently.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

All are good but Monroe’s last season was an amazing one to watch with the return game mixed in. The year prior when Rodgers was primary back was the best 1,2 punch Utah has ever had.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Carl caught almost no passes all year but then caught the opening TD in the Superbowl.

A year or two later during the stirke, Carl along with Mark Stevens and Popcorn Rodgers played for the 49ers as replacements on Monday Night Football and lit things up.

Ute95
      Ute Fan
      @utejones67

Dameon Hunter had great 2001. He just wasn’t around long enough to accumulate bigger career stats. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Ty belongs on the list, and not because he died. Dude had over 700 yards of offense in 5 games as a freshman. 7 ypc as a freshman. 

fude would have been the 🐐 

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

If this is in rank order, Eddie Johnson is way too low.  Same with Booker.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Top running backs in Utah history