tOSU are zoobs….

Viewing 4 reply threads
      14 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

A win in the Rose Bowl may feel like vengeance for the loss to Poo Poo.

I hate that attitude. Just like in our own fan base when I have read:”well IF Rising started Utah wins in the Rivalry so they didn’t lose.”

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

An unfortunate part of the human ego is the need to rationalize away results that do not fit their hypothesis.

3 8

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Indeed. As a young person, I was deep on the autism spectrum. In grade 2, the school I was attending recommended that I be moved to grade 8. My parents refused, believing that I would not receive the socialization necessary to be a functioning member of society, or some such. Instead, I received almost constant bullying from my classmates, often in plain view of my ‘teachers’, until some time around late grade 9, at which point I was so very much the outcast that I believe it wasn’t enjoyable for them to abuse me any longer.

That series of unfortunate parts of my life augmented my mind to the point that outside stimuli, including interactions with other sentients, were simply interpreted as an elaborate puzzle (with most of the pieces missing from the box).

Consequently, I formed the impression that all sentients would incorporate each new learning into their understanding of the universe, augmenting that understanding to fit the learnings, the scientific method. By my 2nd year at uni, I realized that was not how other sentient minds worked. And, it has saddened and disturbed me from that moment on.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I hope we win and somebody asks CJ, “how does it feel to lose to three inferior teams? And the last three loss team you lost to will end the season ranked higher.”

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

What do you think he’ll say?

bopahull
          Ute Fan
          @bopahull

We didn’t get beat we gave the game to them and we didn’t want to be there.

utefansince79
            Ute Fan
            @utefansince79

Ohio State lost to arch rival Michigan (who they apparently felt was an inferior team) for the first time in a long time last month.  I’m glad that after BYU finally beat Utah to end a long drought, that our players and coaches and most fans were willing to be honest and say they deserved that victory.

Trailgoat
            Ute Fan
            @utahgoat

Yup, and Herbstreit will be pushing the same narrative if the Utes take care of business. tOSU and their fan base honestly believe they can just show up and beat the lesser Utah program in their minds and win big.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

We’ll see. In the last CFP rankings show, Herbstreit was saying no one wants to play Utah right now.

Trailgoat
                Ute Fan
                @utahgoat

Yeah, Herbstreit talks out of both sides of his mouth. For most of the game Herbstreit’s mantra was Oregon not playing well the key reason for Utah’s success. Overall, Herbstreit has been very complimentary of Utah football.

Hopefully Fowler spends a little more time prepping on Ute player name pronounciation. Good start would be Fotheringham, Enis, and Fillinger. Not too much to ask doing some pre-game homework before a prime time, nationally broadcast football game :). Go Utes!

Charlie Foxtrot
                  Ute Fan
                  @charliefoxtrot

I think you mean “Fotherington”. 😉

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

It depends on what is being said exactly. It’s one thing to rationalize a loss away just because someone is a sore loser, it’s another thing entirely to acknowledge that teams change as the season progresses.

Case in point, do you think Oregon would beat Ohio State if the game was played today just because they beat them early in the season? No serious person thinks Oregon would beat Ohio State today.

Teams aren’t a static entity, they are dynamic and change a lot throughout the course of a season. For better or worse.

With that said, in this case it just sounds like Stroud is whiny and is looking for excuses to rationalize the loss.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

No serious person believes byu would beat Utah today either. Zoobs will always argue they will. The problem is, BYU did beat Utah and Oregon did beat tOSU. Hard to argue what would happen today because it already happened.

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

BYU was better than Utah on the day they played. 

Utah is much better than they were that game, whereas BYU has regressed significantly.

Utah is blowing out top 10 teams, while BYU struggled mightily to put away USC (a USC team that was blown out at home by every P12 team except Arizona).

Teams change.

astUTE
          Ute Fan
          @astute

Hard to argue what would happen today because it already happened.

My response…

I agree wholeheartedly.  It does not matter what might happen if any of these games were played today, they will not be.  They happened and the results are known.  Nothing else matters. 

We lost to BYU, breaking a nine game streak, and OSU lost to Oregon, and to Michigan, breaking a similar streak.  Those are the facts.

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

Yes, but it’s OK to acknowledge that teams improve (or digress) without being labeled a delusional sore loser.

5 1

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Agree with that but trying to erase the loss by saying you are better is being a smooth brain. The loss happened and honestly without it I don’t think Utah becomes the team they are now. 

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

it comes down to the phrasing. Oregon fan said that there was no way Utah would win on a neutral field and got their asses handed to them again. But had that game not been replayed, there is a large segment of the college football viewing population, including the Oregon fan base, that would give you the idiot “if they played 10 times, team X would win 9. They just happened to hit on the one time.,,”

The point I made, and I believe Central Coast is making also, is that you can’t ignore what actually happened because it doesn’t fit your narrative. Who cares whether you, I, or anyone else thinks that Utah would beat the parochial school if they were to play again? Utah had their chance and lost. End. Full Stop. What would happen if they played again is irrelevant because it is only speculation intended to make someone feel better about the team they are rooting for, and by extension, themselves.

“I believe that Utah is the better team right now and would win in a rematch” is a perfectly fine point of view. “If Rising had started in week 2 Utah would definitely have won” is bulls**t because you can’t change one variable and assume that the rest naturally fall into whatever best fits your narrative.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Most arrogant fan base and program in the country, I really hope we curb stomp them.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football tOSU are zoobs….