TRANFER PORTAL

Viewing 2 reply threads
      1 1

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

Miami QB Jake Garcia with 3years of eligibility has entered the transfer portal. He had originally committed to USC before flipping to Miami. Would be a nice insurance policy just incase Rising gets injured again mid season.

uteinzoobcounty
      Ute Fan
      @uteinzoobcounty

No, we have two talented freshman Qb’s (Johnson) (Rose) JC guy and the hog rider Barnes, and Mack coming in. We’re good

krindor
        Ute Fan
        @krindor

Agreed – reality in today’s world is that you can never have too many QBs with portal losses… but the idea of putting more ahead of the other guys isn’t the right choice. We need to be looking for the next guy after Nate Johnson, Brandon Rose, Mack Howard – realizing that as much as we like all 3, the odds of all 3 sticking around aren’t great.

Transfers affect the QB position more than any other, just since only one plays

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

Who is the JC guy?

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

The Canes are my other college football team and I follow them just slightly less than the Utes, primarily because I live here and not there. I’d take a pass on Garcia. There’s a reason why he’s moving on and it isn’t because he was sitting behind Tyler Van Dyke and the Canes weren’t giving him a chance. He has all of the physical measurables but they were never translated to any sort of consistency on the field when he was provided the opportunity. Also, keep in mind that you’re talking about a guy that likes to move around and I don’t mean in the pocket. If I remember correctly, he attended four or five different high schools in total when he was a prep player. He sounds like the kind of guy looking to start immediately and would probably move on if he didn’t become the starter, just like Charlie Brewer did.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football TRANFER PORTAL