Transfer Portal

Viewing 3 reply threads
      4 1

Tyler Henry
      Ute Fan
      @recruits-utes

What transfers do you gents think we’ll get during the Spring period?
      My estimation:
      Harrison Taggert
      Trejan Bridges
      Two more defensive players.
      (Also if you’d like updates on this, follow my Instagram @Recruits.Utes!

1 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

My hope is that we get players from some of the top recruiting schools, players who would be starters here that realize they will get little playing time, etc. where they are. Specific names, I leave that to y’all. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We need a WR or two.  I am fine with getting Bridges.  He is a local kid.  I want to get a Corner Canyon connection.  Yes, we appear deep at LB.  But, depth is good.

We lost a few safeties.  So, if there is a young safety available – I would look at that.

We do not need linemen on either side or running backs.  I don’t think we need corners, but is someone amazing was available …  I hear the coaches say they would like one more experienced tight end.

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

Well, I didn’t see this posted anywhere and I could’ve missed it but I’m just seeing this now, 2 days late.

Looks like Knaak is transferring.
      Knaak transferring

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Unfortunately, I think Utah needs a couple more to go to get under 85 scholarships.

Per 247 Scholarship Distribution they have 76 on scholarship. Subtract the 7 names who have announced and that gets you to 69.

There are 14 commits who have not made it to campus yet so that gets you up to 83. Transfers Simmons, Damuni and Logan Fano aren’t listed so that would be 86 with another spot needed for Sione Fotu so call it 87.

Of the original 76, I believe that Fua Pututau and Taniela Pututau have retired which puts you right on the limit. The are three names I know nothing about: WR Luca Caldarella and DT’s Pahulu and Lautaha but I have to assume they are still part of the team (Puhulu isn’t on the Utes Roster). I am also assuming that the K Becker will not be put on scholarship this season.

So Utah is somewhere between 83 and 86 and if they want to bring in anymore transfers, some spots need to open up.

Edit: I believe that Alderman and Fonoimoana will be immediate mission kids so that would open up two spots. Otherwise my math should be a reasonable estimate.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Transfer Portal