Transfer Portal

Viewing 4 reply threads

PAC12Teams
      Ute Fan
      @utahbb

You could say Utah struck it rich…

JaQuinden Jackson (QB) – Texas  4-Star

Charlie Brewer (QB) – Baylor  3-Star (but a bilzillion of yards)

Chris Curry (RB) – LSU  4-Star

TJ Pledger (RB) – Oklahoma  4-Star

Theo Howard (WR) – Oklahoma  4-Star

Josh Calvert (LB) – Washington  4-Star

Brandon McKinney (S) – Washington 4-Star

Some of these people are going to help the Utes this year & some for a while…

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

You could consider getting our deep threat (Jalen Dixon) back another transfer portal win. Overall, not a bad bunch of additions with really only one meaningful loss (Nacua).

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Thompson wasn’t a meaningful loss?

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

My bad. Thompson was great, although he was rarely healthy.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Per Nacua’s season stats last year, he was our 7th best WR.  

When you’re “7th best”, and we never go 5-wide (we rarely even go 4-wide), that’s not really much of a loss.  Ergo, when it’s “Dixon IN” and “Nacua OUT”, that’s still a net positive.  Now with Theo Howard on board, we might very well have seen a net positive with the Bryan Thompson exit.  Any more new 4-star WRs and we’re playing with house money.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Nacua was injured much of the shortened season.  Can’t judge by his 2020 stats.  I liked Nacua.  He has been a solid receiver for us.  I would have really liked to get his brother here.  He was a total stud in high school.

9 1

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

…and don’t forget THIS guy as well…

Tavion Thomas

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

AND…we’re not finished from what it sounds like.

3 7

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

It’s possible for position coaches at Utah to bring in transfers that are better than a 2* when expectations are high and your position group is inexperienced??

Maybe somebody can let Harding know…

UtahUtesRock
        Ute Fan
        @utahutesrock

I’m not trying to pick a fight but I don’t get the Bashing on Harding. Why would Coach Whitt care who the team is recruiting but not care who’s coaching. If Harding is still here I take that as an indication that he’s got the Coach Whitt’s approval. I’ve never seen him shy away from changing OC’s. If he wasn’t happy with Harding I doubt he’d have an issue with getting rid of him. 

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

I also just want to address the under-the-radar transfer happenings associated with Utah.

Nick Billoups, a dual threat, 85 rating, is in the transfer portal. I have no idea who he is but wish him luck.

Brumfield has chosen to go to Tulane. I wish him the best and thank him for his work on the hill.

TJ Green is headed to Liberty. Good luck my man!

Cameron Gardner, 82 WR is in the portal. Same as Billoups above, I have no idea who he is, but good luck!

Graham Faloona, an 83, is headed to the portal. My guess is he just got pushed out from all of the ridiculous talent we have at LB. good luck finding a home my friend! Thank you for your commitment.

Bronson Boyd, an 84 CB, is also in the portal. I remember a lot of people being really optimistic about this kid. I truly appreciate what he brought to the U. Thank you! Good luck wherever you land!

And shoutout to all of the walk-ons out there putting in the work. We win together. Thank you!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Transfer Portal