Transfer QBs one from the Pac one from the SEC, transfer portal????

Viewing 4 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

So i’ll warn you in advance, this is going to be a bit of a potpourri. I’m trying to make sense of so much.

1. Bo Nix – transfers from Auburn to Oregon and has had a pretty good season so far.

Is the Pac easier than the SEC? Is this playing into the Auburn and Dan Lanning mutual interest. Dan Lanning took a QB who was mediocre at Auburn and is currently leading the Pac 12. Am I happy for Bo Nix? Is the Pac12 weak?

2. Jayden Daniels – transfers from ASU to LSU and just lead LSU to a win over Alabama and a #7 ranking, jumping them up 8 spots. Is the  SEC easier than the Pac12? Daniels was mediocre at ASU. Did his departure move the decision to fire Herm Edwards up due to lack of a proven QB? Am I happy for Jayden Daniels? Is the SEC weak?

3. Cam Rising – Transfer from Texas, has been aruably the most successful QB at Utah since Smith and Johnson. He transferred from Texas when they were further down than they are now. He most likely wasn’t going to start at Texas during his time there. Is the Pac12 weak? Is the BigXII strong? Or does Texas just have good QBs?

4. What part did NIL play in Bo Nix to Oregon? Jayden Danielas to LSU? Are they better because they have a better OL? Where are next year’s surprise QBs playing this year.

I love what Utah is doing, staying consistent and not a ton of transfers out or turnover. Sure there’s been some Bryan Thompson to ASU, do we wish we still had him? Charlie Brewer – his is 3 of 4 for 18 yards for Liberty. Did he make a great decision to transfer? Peter Costelli – Troy Trojans – no stats, did he make the best decision? Would he have beaten out Bryson “The Winter Soldier” Barnes for the backup?

I’d so overall it is a mixed bag. I wish we still had Curry, I was sad to see him injured so early. Right now our RB room is the walking dead. The top four have all missed games this season.

What makes the transfer portal so good for guys like Daniels and Nix and so risky for Brewer and Costelli (though his story isn’t finished yet)?

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Oh, and Travis Dye… Jayden DeLaura… Caleb Williams…

It seems you’ve got UCLA and Utah which have developed players and Oregon and USC who’ve brought in players.

SOWhat
        Ute Fan
        @sowhat

Brought in or bought in?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I think each of your number questions is answered by looking at current state of the teams in each question, their schedules, and their offensive schemes. Each is its own animal. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

You aren’t asking the right questions in many cases. Take your 3. for example. You are asking it like the three questions you ask are the only options that would explain why he didn’t start at Texas, but is doing great things here. In reality, it isn’t really any one thing. He is better now than he was when he left Texas. The coaching is better here. He may just be more emotionally/mentally comfortable here. Maybe there is an experience or series of experiences he’s had since coming here that have changed who his is as a player in some way. Maybe those experiences have nothing to do with either football program. Maybe his friend’s cousin’s professor taught something life changing to his friend’s cousin, and it got passed on to him one day, and it changed his mentality. The fact is, we don’t know. We really truly just don’t have a clue at all.

Cam wasn’t going to start at Texas when he was there, and he didn’t start at Utah when he got here either. Who knows what would have happened if he stayed at Texas. Maybe he’d be leading them right now if he stayed. We just don’t know.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

You are right, so what are the right questions? What are the right explanations? What does it all mean?

“Cats and Dogs living together, mass hysteria!!!!!” 

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

A player can have a better experience in a different scheme with team strength not a factor. Next, two teams may appear to be the same to someone that does not go to practice but very different to someone that does. The personal fit can sometimes be the greatest factor and could be difficult to assess before you arrive. Last, often people put greater effort into second chances just like many walks of life.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Transfer QBs one from the Pac one from the SEC, transfer portal????