Travis Wilson vs Tyler Huntley

Viewing 4 reply threads

SackLakeCity
      Ute Fan
      @sacklakecity

I have often talked about how Travis Wilson should get more respect as an All-Time Great Quarterback at Utah, the guy was a winner, a warrior, and a Utah man.  He gave it everything he had to Utah and left as the All Time winniest QB if I remember correctly.  He was also the starting QB for some of Utah’s best wins as a program, ie Stanford and Oregon games.  I think he should receive more praise then he does.  Travis may not have read the defense all that well, threw the prettiest ball, or had the most mechanically sound throwing motion, but the guy had It!  He made plays when it needed to be made…

That being said and it is too early to 100% make this statement, but I believe Tyler Huntley has It!  The guy is a winner and a leader.  Time will tell if he can read a defense and deliver a ball better than Travis, but early indicators are impressive.  I’m excited to see how this season plays out and for his Junior and Senior years…it could set up for a couple of special seasons.  I don’t want to go all cougarboard and predict national championships and undefeated season, but it will be fun to watch as long as he progresses.  

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

I would love to have seen Wilson play under Taylor’s system.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

If we had Tyler Huntley in the program with Travis Wilson, TW would have converted to TE and would have been amazing at it. He would have been an all-conference TE.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I agree man. I have the utmost respect and love for Travis. There were many times when I cursed his throwing motion, but you are right. Dude was a warrior. 

I’ve loved most of what I’ve seen with Huntley. I wish he would trust the run game more, and he can’t expose himself to hits like that all season. Especially in conference play, it’s just too risky. But the more he learns and the more that Taylor’s system gets established, I think the sky is the limit for him. 

SackLakeCity
        Ute Fan
        @sacklakecity

Great points!  I think having Shyne out has changed things more than we have talked about, having the Shyne & Moss 1-2 punch is a game changer…I think Huntley wants to win so bad that he really trusts himself and not so much his running back at this point…I think that’ll come once he settles down.  I really like Troy Williams, but Huntley has another gear and dimension and glad he is getting his time this year to set up for the next couple of years.  First time in a long time I have looked at the QB pipeline and smiled. 

UteDuke
      Ute Fan
      @uteduke

Absolutely agree with this. Travis may never get the respect he deserves, but count me as one fan who has gained a greater appreciation for what he brought to the team when he was here. I personally don’t feel like the read option or that pitch on the outside have been the same since he left. Didn’t always make the right decision, but when he was on, we had some big plays from it.

1 1

geaux-sioux
      Ute Fan
      @geaux-sioux

For Huntley to really become great he not only just needs more experience but will need to tighten up his mechanics. He basically had an elongated right handed version of Mike Vicks mechanics. His elbow moves around a lot when he throws and that will cause him to miss from time to time. Carson Wentz had the same issue and had to work on that this past offseason. It’s the little things that will make the difference between really good and great.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Travis Wilson vs Tyler Huntley