trib articles $$

Viewing 3 reply threads

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

i know this was already posted but i thought it was worth doing it again.  to avoid paying the trib, when you click on a trib article, simply go up to the upper left of browser and click on the X (i use chrome) that stops the pop up.  it may take a couple of tries but you’ll get the hang of the timing.  you need to wait for the X to appear.  my guess is click on the X about 1 second after you click on the article.  too soon or too late results in the pop up.  prob only a matter of time before they figure this out……

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

really irritates me that they are doing this… but I suppose I understand why. I won’t pay to read Gordo and hackthorpe and their backhanded complements to the Utes. The only thing I miss even a little is Lynn Worthy’s stuff. He is better than anyone they’ve had at the Trib that I can remember.

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

Even better than Lyra Woodraska? Hilarious.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

ummm yeah… waaaaaaaaay better than Lya woodraska. She did not do a good job. When she was the main person covering the Utes, most of what she had were just updates. Lynn writes actual stories that take effort to research and write.

I’m just going to assume you were joking about Lya… good one!

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

Nope.  I’d pay for writers like Lynn Worthy.  Gordon Monson isn’t gettin a penny shared from me. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Full paywall is a great way to run a local paper into the ground. For sports it now means that SLTrib competes in the same category as UteZone, etc., only with less specific coverage and 100% more coverage of local sociopaths such as Gayle Ruzicka and those poor state legislators being brutally targeted in a private hotel by marauding whores. Nope.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc trib articles $$