*TRIGGER WARNING* conference bowl game record discussion ahead…

Viewing 3 reply threads
      7 6

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Trigger warning because there are some folks here that experience extreme mental anguish when the topic of conference bowl records is discussed. Wouldn’t want someone to have a nervous breakdown.

Pac12 is now 3-1 in bowl games, including a win over #20 Texas.

This conference is much improved from last year. With all the returning QB talent, next year is going to be really entertaining.

I think an 8-4 record would be a great accomplishment for our Utes.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Since you are so easily swayed by the moment what if Utah just absolutely destroys Pedo U on Monday?
      Does that push it to CFP for ya?
      PAC12 improved and Utah is the current champion of that most improved conference!
      Beware of recency bias is all I am saying.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Hmm. I would be thrilled if Utah destroys the pedophiles. 

I guess my optimism for Utah making the CFP would depend on if Rising and Kuithe return. If they’re both gone, I think there will be some growing pains even though I have a lot of confidence in Nate Johnson.

Utah’s problem next year is the brutal schedule. Florida, @Baylor, @USC, @Washington, @Oregon State. There’s at least 2 losses in that stretch, maybe 3 even with Rising/Kuithe.

Utah could very well be as good next this as this year and have a worse record.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Rising and Kuithe are returning. No, I don’t have inside info, but they are returning.

3 10

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

Homie, you are uber sensitive it is hilariously entertaining for me. Keep going baby. 🙂

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Hey, did you hear the Big12 is now 1-5 in bowl games?

The Big12 sucks!

3 9

RedUte14
          Ute Fan
          @redute14

They have a team in the playoffs. We don’t. I dunno what to tell ya.

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

Pretty easy to get there when there is one decent team and the rest of the conference blows. TCU will get blown out by Michigan. Just watch.

TCU barely beat some really crappy teams. Sorry, but I’m not impressed by the Big12 as a whole just because they managed to get one team to the CFP.

If TCU happens to beat Michigan (and I’m willing to wager a bet with you that they won’t), I’ll come here to eat crow. But for now, I believe TCU only made the playoffs by virtue of being the shiniest turd in the s**tter.

CB
            Ute Fan
            @solidhobo

I guess you havent watched TCU have to make miracle comebacks almost every week just to win by a fluke FG with 0 seconds left in the game multiple times. Does that sound like a top 4 team to you?

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

For what it’s worth, “#20 Texas” won’t be ranked in the final polls.

belli1976
        Ute Fan
        @belli1976

Texas had over 2100 yards of rushing production sitting on the sidelines.

If Bijan Robinson plays, Texas walks away with a win. Or even Roschon Johnson who only had 550 yards rushing didn’t opt out, the game would have likely fallen in TX favor.

I am not a fan of the opt out, but given the bowl games are substantially watered down, I get why players do it.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Massey’s algorithm has Texas at #15 after yesterday’s contests, #2 SOS.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football *TRIGGER WARNING* conference bowl game record discussion ahead…