Troy Taylor

Viewing 5 reply threads

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

So, TT got a 7-8 year contract at Sac State, fully guaranteed. And will also be coaching Utah in the Holiday bowl

Weird.

5 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Eh. He wants to go home and have stability. Sac St wants a long term coach that won’t leave the first year they have success. It’s a match made in heaven. 

Taylor is the guy who quit coaching college football years ago to go home and coach high school football. 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

He is going to put up video game numbers at Sac State.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Doubt it.  People forget his EWU numbers were a gift.  That team put up insane offensive numbers the year before Taylor arrived and has kept it up since.  They have a machine running up there.  

I didn’t think he was qualified for the Utah job and I don’t think he’s even qualified for the SacState job. He’s never struck me as a leader.  I predect a train wreck.  

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

They gave a completely unproven coach an 8 year contract? Guess the move makes a little more sense now. If he is successful there, he could presumably get a HC job at a decent FBS program.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

I super curious to learn the salary figures – Avg FCS coaches make ~250k and the highest make ~400k total compensation.

The last sac state head coach made ~175k. Interesting he’s leaving money on the table in the short term but has the 8 year contract as a backup if he isn’t successful.

Contrast this to Jay Hill, who is making $275k at Weber (Left Utah making 220k)

jamarcus24
          Ute Fan
          @jamarcus24

So going by what we assume he’s making if he gets released form his contract the school only pays out maybe $2 million total.  Seems TT went with moderate pay and security over his currently salary and uncertainty.

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

Yep. He’s basically guaranteed 3.3 years of Utah salary over the next 8 working years regardless of job performance. Pretty safe way to take a first time HC job

jamarcus24
              Ute Fan
              @jamarcus24

Pretty good deal if you ask me.  Either he gets extended and receives a raise, is hired away and receives a raise, or he gets fired and makes his money and then takes another coordinator gig and probably gets a raise.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Does he also have to teach an American History class?

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

NCAA Football history.  He’ll just play the NCAA Youtube channel on an endless loop.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

It’s Sac State. Drivers Ed. 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

What would you pay to listen to live stream of Troy Taylor’s headset in Holiday Bowl?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Still coaching. I gotta say I doubt OnlyU a little on his info about TT. 

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

Sometimes I think these guys who take the long-term job at a small school are the smart ones. It’s not the pressure cooker that a P5 school is, mild success will keep you employed, and the salary is still way above what the average schmuck is getting paid.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I don’t even feel like Utah is all that much of a pressure cooker. You have an expansion scheduled to SEZ, an inept local media and a stadium that sells out all of damn time. 

Fans are hungry and I could be mistaken but Utah seems easy to me compared to other programs. I could handle a few online know it alls on social media. 

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Utah’s got plenty of pressure. Just ask any offensive coordinator or freshman QB who’s getting booed off the field after a 3 and out. 

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Shows a real lack of competitive spirit if you ask me.  I want a coach that wants to be the best and will take the best opportunity available.  That’s the life of a football coach.  8 year deal?  I highly question that contract. How stupid would an AD of any school have to be to tie himself to someone for 8yrs. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.