Troy Taylor – My Biggest Concern

Viewing 1 reply thread
      7 1

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

While Ute Hub has been eating itself alive this week I’ve been doing a lot of ponderizing and I think I’ve finally figured out what’s been bothering me about Troy Taylor this season. They say that the best coaches will adjust their scheme to match the talent and abilities of their players. That flexibility helps avoid problems like what we’re seeing at Arizona this year with Khalil Tate. My biggest concern with Troy Taylor is that he does not seem capable of adjusting his scheme to match the talent of his players.

Example number 1 – Zach Moss and the run game. Over the past 15 games it just feels like TT is avoiding giving Moss the ball like the plague. This season has been even worse. I know I know Moss was hurt on Saturday. But, our offensive line was doing pretty well so why not capitalize on that and feed some touches to Shyne or Green?

Example number 2 – Tyler Huntley. Huntley sucks at the Read Option and he’s a very pedestrian runner. Yet, that’s what TT wants out of his quarterback so he keeps calling those plays which leads to sacks, one yard carries, two yard carries, and very occasionally a decent run by Huntley. Huntley’s talent seems to be in the scramble throw game and the deep ball. So why aren’t we utilizing Huntley’s skill sets better? It just feels like a round peg in a square hole anytime Huntley takes a snap. 

Anyway, those are just some of my personal musings and why I’m concerned that TT might not be the permanent answer. Here’s to hoping he proves me wrong!

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

You should give a listen to the Utezone podcast from last night, particularly hour 1. They are at times insightful, at times annoying bunch.

But they definitely had an interesting take on the oh-fense. They think too many personnel changes are a big problem. So much depth at WR actually kind of a bad thing because it doesn’t allow development in timing with any one guy and the QB, they are constantly subbing. Personnel changes of any kind happening mid-drive kill the momentum of a drive, particularly after a big play. The crew seemed to suggest Kyle is aware of this issue and it will be addressed, along with moar Moss (duh). 

They are still sold on this offense and thought we should see incremental improvement, still take the south. Bring on Pace with his koolaid gifs 5..4..3…2……

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

This week’s episode is in my queue right now, so I’m looking forward to hearing what they have to say. 

Honestly I’m slightly relieved that Whitt seems to be inserting himself a bit. It seems like he has identified a couple of issues that won’t take too much effort to address and implement. 

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

Their optimism on that site has really helped me get through this downer of a bye week. They’re homers for sure, but down to earth homers with realistic expectations.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

On the koolaid scale that was a 2 or 3.  I’ll save the gif for slappy who predicts a 52-7 WSU beatdown…. it’s coming

8 1

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Utah wins 52-7 against WSU.

User Suspended
            @a2ute

Image result for kool aid gif

FtheY
              Ute Fan
              @fthey

I have a fever, and the only cure, is more koolaid. 

FtheY
            Ute Fan
            @fthey

I’ll take an extra pitcher of koolaid for 52-7 and 15 sacks!

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

I like the way at you think.

Dwight89
          Ute Fan
          @jordan-buckner

I just….don’t understand you. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Troy Taylor – My Biggest Concern