Troys comments make me feel the need to remind our fans

Viewing 3 reply threads
      14 2

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Who can be especially nasty on Twitter, that these are 20 year old unpaid amateur athletes who give us everything in their ability. Losses kill me but I know the players take it so much harder.

I will be the first to admit I can be too critical of players by name, especially during the game. It’s something I’m trying to be better and conscious of though and I hope you would do the same. Be critical of team aspects, keep individual by name criticism off the internet, ESPECIALLY Twitter.  /End rant
      1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I would put more of the blame on Williams because he held back the entire Utah offense most of the game. Yes Oline missed a few blitzes, had a few hard calls and tough situations. 

I think it is better than saying Utah Football isn’t any good. Which is something I have seen. Utah football is very good that defense did enough to win.  Utah special teams made just as many costly mistakes but did enough to win. Utah offense did enough to win besides wasting 35 seconds and walking around with no excitement or heart. The film breakdown is going to be harsh on Troy Williams this week. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Travis Wilson did this a bit too. Instead of stepping up into the pocket and letting the rush go by him, he goes back which makes it easier for the rush to get to him.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yeah he did. Must be coaching but it is a completely different staff sans Harding. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I think it is just a matter of instinct. Better QB’s can feel the rush and know when to move up.

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

To piggyback on this statement, I would be elated if I didn’t have to hear all the hate that is associated with sports in general, especially for the non-professional athletes.  There is absolutely no need to spew hateful and overly aggressive statements about individual players.  Life is hard enough without surrounding ourselves with negativity.

Many will likely disagree, citing the fact that it is the player who chooses to play the game; however, nobody functions at a high rate under the pressure of negativity.  You choose to have a job/career, but that does not give your superiors/colleagues justification for them to berate you.

Criticism and debate are welcome, and necessary, in any profession/endeavor.  Hate and constant negativity are not.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Troys comments make me feel the need to remind our fans