Truth or Fiction

Viewing 6 reply threads
      4 1

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

Just a small tidbit, I won’t post the link it’s behind a paywall. The last paragraph continues on to say the 4 corner schools have already accepted invitations from the Big 12, I personally think it’s BS, what say you Utah fans?

“RealDawg.com has learned that a time “Around Memorial Day” is when there will be an official announcement that both the University of Washington and the University of Oregon are leaving the Pac-12 Conference for the B1G Conference. The move won’t occur until 2024 or 2025.”

“The Pac-12 as we know it will be done by July,” a source has informed RealDawg.com. “Utah, Colorado, ASU, and Arizona are already gone.”

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Everything for the last year has pretty much been wrong, so most likely fiction. That said, I’m so over realignment talk. Just want the season to start already.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Wake me up when something besides a rumor actually happens.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Genuine question. How much good has the PAC 12 done for the University of Utah outside of football and all sports programs. I feel like it’s been an enormous amount of good. Everything from the prestige of  the school of medicine increasing and on down to the business school improving. Are all those programs better off in the PAC 12 rather than the BIG 12? Or does it even matter? 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Would the U have gotten an AAU invite without that association?

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

Good point. So, what I’m saying is, would leaving the PAC 12 for the BIG 12 be a downgrade in any way for the education and non sports part of the university. 

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Without the Pac-12, I don’t see Utah getting the AAU invite.  Utah had been on the AAU’s radar since the mid-90s, back when we were in the WAC, and then-Pres. Bernie Machen was pushing vigorously for that invitation.  We had the “research”, but we didn’t have the requisite recommendations.  But after joining the Pac-12, Stanford, Cal, and Washington started advocating for us.  A decade later, we were in.  And I don’t think that it was a coincidence either.  Same thing happened to Arizona, shortly after joining the Pac-10.

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

I’m saying fiction until this “vetted and cleared” stuff on Oregon and Washington proves to turn into an actual invite to the big ten.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

On any fanboard there are some reputable people and some goofballs.  

if onlyu says this I’m getting my cowboy hat.  Some others?  I’ll keep my west coast head-ware .

I don’t suppose anybody knows anything about the source?

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

This sounds like fiction to me. But, if I had heard a leak that USC and UCLA were going to the B1G, I probably would have thought that was fiction too.

It’s plausible if Oregon and UW truly have been invited to the B1G, but, it sounded like for a long time that wasn’t going to happen during this round of expansion.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

There were rumors “the four corners” had any accepted an invite to the BIG 12 last summer too. Don’t believe anything until it actually happens.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

Nothing moves until Notre Dame renews with NBC or joins a conference. That’s the next big “chip” in the realignment game. B1G is waiting on that before inviting anyone else. Oregon and UW aren’t going anywhere. The B1G isn’t diluting their media deal unless they get ND. For what in understand there is no increase in the payout if they add teams so it makes 0 sense to expand now.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Truth or Fiction