Turned on the zoo/Navy game for about 12 seconds in the 3rd quarter

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yikes. It was 45-0. Strike up the zoob national championship talk. 

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

And so it begins.

BYU 56, Utah 7

6 1

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

The zoobs on cougarboard AND the DNews are bragging about beating a team…..who was ranked LAST year.  They didn’t beat a ranked team.  They beat team in 2020, who finished the 2019 season 11-2 and ranked 20th in the final AP poll.  And never mind that they didn’t play Navy in 2019.

So desperate. 

BD
            Ute Fan
            @flyfisherman

Yup I know. The DNews comments are crazy. Added a few comments of my own just for fun. A few of those comments of mine got deleted. 😆 😆

PhiladelphiaUte
              Ute Fan
              @philadelphiaute

Those moderators at the DNews MUST be ybU-p alumni.  More than HALF of MY comments don’t even make it past them to be published in the first place.  I’m not kidding.  They monitor EVERY post I make.  When I make a post, it IMMEDIATELY goes to moderator approval BEFORE showing up.  Every single one of them.  And usually, those posts take upwards of 3-4 hours just to be approved.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Like clockwork. So predictable. 

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Which undefeated team was better: 2004 Utes, 2008 Utes or 2020 Cougars?

That is a discussion that I fully expect them to have at some point.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

1. Meh. It was Navy.
      2. Wish we had a chance to blow out Navy.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I’d rather wait and play a better schedule. Their’s is So Poo Poo. 

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

Me too.

3 1

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

I wonder if you guys will feel the same if we have to wait until Fall 2021 to see Utah play again. At this point, that is what I am anticipating.

UteBacker
              Ute Fan
              @utebacker

I’m actually an “all or nothing” guy on this one, Thunder.  This hodgepodge of games with no fans, no good cross-conference games, start dates all over the place, 50 teams that aren’t even playing and the thought of our players trying to play an 8pm game the first week of February just doesn’t get my college football gears going.  I get it.  Football is football and most of you will take what you can get.  To me, college football is all about the MUSS, the band, the tailgaiting and the overall pagentry.  There’s just none of that and it sucks.

That said, if they can squeeze in a few games starting in November, great.  It’ll be an awesome way to get some reps in for this young team of ours.  Unfortunately, I think we’re at the mercy of California, Oregon and Washington on this one.

UteThunder
                Ute Fan
                @utethunder

I hear ya, I’m all about the pageantry of Fall football too. But if I had to choose between Utah playing a bunch of nobodies without fans or waiting an entire year to see Utah football again, I would take the nobodies.

PhiladelphiaUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @philadelphiaute

I’m with UteBacker.  There’s a REASON 6A high schools don’t play an entire season of 2A ball.  Nobody would care if you’d won, and it’d be an embarrassment to themselves for strutting around after a win when everybody else in 6A is playing 6A and 5A ball.

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

Navy did no contact fall camp. Meaning, they haven’t played contact football in 9 months. And it showed. They were horribly pathetic. Corner Canyon could have beat them tonight.

Honestly, they should not have been allowed to play.

It was embarrassing. And risky.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Turned on the zoo/Navy game for about 12 seconds in the 3rd quarter