Two big games this week for Utah basketball.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Coreyc04
      Ute Fan
      @greenstormute

The USC to me is a must win to get this team to a tournament. The UCLA game will also be a big boon if we can get them at home. A 2-0 week we are right there in the conference race. An 0-2 week we are out of the tournament for sure unless of course we win in Vegas(Which I don’t think is out of the question). If we go 1-1 were still in good shape but we need to get a few more road victories and maybe one road sweep.

USC is talented but look very beatable recently. The loss to Cal at home makes me think they may have peaked too early in the season. This is the more winnable of the two games this week. They like to run and gun. If Utah can limit their turnovers against them we should have a good shot at beating them.

UCLA is the class of the conference currently. It took a buzzer beater at Oregon for them to lose. They look like a final four team. If we can somehow win this one at home it gives us a great tournament resume builder on it. Zonzo Ball may be the naismith winner when all is said and done. The only thing I see about this UCLA team that would have me hesitate if I were a fan of theirs is that they don’t blow out bad teams and Utah stays close in almost all games. If the Utes play well they could be in a spot to pull the upset.

Last weeks games were quite weird for me. The Arizona game that we lost, I thought we played very well overall and we’d beat most teams on most nights if we played like that., especially at the defensive end. The turnovers in that game were low and we did get good shots. They didn’t go in. 

The ASU game we played poor but won. We had too many turnovers and let them stay in the game way too long. We did win after we gave up a 26-5 run though so I guess that’s a good thing.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Weird that the basketball team is quite like the football team in that due to their style of play they tend to stay close in games, even with superior teams.  That may win us a few close ones, hopefully.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Two big games this week for Utah basketball.