Two concerns about Huntley

Viewing 5 reply threads

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

1.  If he is, in fact, back today, I want the coaches to be 100%+ sure that he’s actually ready to go.  The worst thing in the world would be to ruin another talented QB by rushing him back (a la Wynn).

2.  I know we’re all excited about Huntley (myself included), but I think we need to keep things in perspective.  He had most of his success against North Dakota, BYU, and SJSU, all of which are objectively terrible football teams.  He was also doing well against AZ before going down, but they aren’t exactly world beaters either.  We honestly don’t know what he would have been able to do against a Stanford or USC defense

He definitely seems to pass the “eyeball test” and I’m hopeful that he can have similar success against a good team (and I’m not sure we find out today either, tbh), but I’d like to see a bit larger body of work before anointing him the Chosen One.  

Just my $.02

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yes. I’d only play him if he is for sure 100%.  If he has indeed been going with th 1’s in practice, the coaches should know if he’s ready.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I think the last half of the post is the most important. We really don’t know how good Huntley can be, but we all hope he is a good as he has shown in those games. We all THINK we may have won the USC game if he’s running that two point conversion because of his field vision, but we don’t know if we would have even been in that position if he’s the QB for the whole game.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Against the same sort of competition Huntley has done more than Williams statistically. Easy for everyone to know he is better. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

That and watching him he throws on frame. Ether than Williams.

crazyute
        Ute Fan
        @crazyute

Exactly. Some people are always looking for confrontation or over analyzing.
        If Huntley is healthy he is by far the better QB. BY FAR

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’m not questioning whether Huntley is better. I think he clearly is.

I just hope Utah fans don’t crucify him if he’s not as successful against P12 competition as he was against the bad G5’s of the world.

perceptionate
        Ute Fan
        @perceptionate

Nah I think Huntley is pretty safe. If anything, it helps a lot that we got to see Troy Williams play so fans don’t hold Huntley up to too high of a standard.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

And that performance is exactly what I was afraid of.

RUUTES
        Ute Fan
        @ruutes

Yep I don’t blame Huntley for today because anyone watching could see he couldn’t throw across his body and early on his right arm was just hanging. Kid is still hurt and should NOT have played the entire game, if at all. We should have learned with Wynn about this but nope…lets ruin the kids to hail mary one game while we risk not just a season but a whole recruit.

The obsession with screen passes when we did get mileage from the few runs we tried…that’s on someone else. The fact that we looked lackluster on all sides of the ball is a coaching/leadership issue. We never jumped around, danced, or otherwise looked like we were amped for the game. The crowd today wasn’t much better. Felt snake bit from the first series. shrug.

Every year…win one game we shouldnt….lay a total egg when we should win So far we’re right where most people had us before the season began. Except instead of 7-5 I’m worried we could see a 5-7 season…not there yet but beginning to worry.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Two concerns about Huntley