Two-QB System

Viewing 2 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Someone the other day posted a thread about usinig two QBs and I stated it was a bad idea.
      Welcome to the Dawn of the Two-QB Era

Still not a huge fan of it, but if it means Shelley gets on the field more… I guess that’s not a bad thing.

Grayshirt
      Ute Fan
      @grayshirt

How can anyone not want to see more of Shelley?  Guy can be a spark plug for a few plays and make a big difference in games.  I can’t wait to see..

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I agree the Shelley package could be used such as in red zone situations.   If he is brought in for such situations vs Washington, it could be very effective just for the surprise effect.

1 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

That article was…dumb. Haskins at Ohio State is the best QB in the country. There’s no two QB system there. Tua is right behind him. Hurts has been relegated to an amazing wildcat QB. If he was smart, he’d redshirt the rest of this year. 

Utah playing two QB’s is not a good idea. 

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

I kind of agree with you.

I’ve heard multiple people tout Alabama as a two QB system, but Hurts has been relegated to a few wildcat snaps and garbage time.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I haven’t seen a true, two QB system work. Cal is running one right now, and they struggled to beat a bad BYU team. 

Also, Shelley and Huntley isn’t a two QB system in my mind. They do the same things. Shelley is a better runner, but not significantly. Huntley is a significantly better passer. So, there would be no use in running it with those two. 

Now, if Tuttle was your starter and Shelley the backup, I’d be ok with some “wildcat” plays with Shelley in at QB. Some redzone stuff, short yardage stuff. Nothing wrong with that, but I don’t see that as a two QB system. We are just playing Shelley instead of Weddle or Asiata or Booker at QB. 

Wilson’s Mustache
            Ute Fan
            @sigmaute

I still think shelley should see the field somehow. He’s too atheltic not to IMO.

Distantute
              Ute Fan
              @distantute

Huntley has been very good. He was the 2nd highest rated passer this last week. He was extremely accurate and if given more time Utah would have scored at will. The line plays better this week, special teams plays better, Huntley stays solid and Utah goes 3-0 into the bye.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Two-QB System