U wants McCluskey lawsuit tossed, claiming no liability.

Viewing 2 reply threads
      1 1

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Based on supreme court precedent, mainly Castle Rock v. Gonzales, police have no duty to protect ANYONE. Sad but true. If you read the legal doc in the story below, it references that case several times, along with others.

I tend to think the McCluskey’s don’t really have a case, but you never know what the judge is going to say.

I feel terrible for them, but this may not pay off for them.

https://fox13now.com/2019/09/22/u-of-u-wants-mccluskey-lawsuit-tossed-saying-a-terrible-tragedy-no-matter-how-heartbreaking-does-not-necessarily-compel-legal-liability/

4 7

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Pretty disgusting. The U Police failed Lauren multiple times, period.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

There’s more to the story then has been released

Ute Bc
          Ute Fan
          @utebc

Indeed.  And, let’s keep it that way I hope…What a trajedy

5 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

People don’t ever want to know all of the facts. They would rather form a conclusion from news stories and media reports. 

alUmnUs
            Ute Fan
            @alumnus

Fact is Lauren is dead and she didn’t get help she reached out for. My .02 about the lawsuit isn’t worth a penny. But I feel so horribly sad for the Mccluskey family and what it means for Lauren to be “dismissed” again, doesn’t sit well with me.

8 3

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

There is some degree of responsibility on you. Yes it isn’t polite to speak ill of the dead. But that is why LEO are only responsible to enforce the law. The protect and serve is for Hollywood and public image. 

I don’t want to speak ill of her but she bears some responsibility that’s all I am going to say. 

5 5

alUmnUs
                Ute Fan
                @alumnus

Absolute garbage take. How many more times should she have gone to police? Should she have gotten a gun to kill the felon before he got her while she was on the phone with her mom? Her and her friends did more detective work than the authorities whose job it was to check down a known criminal. But okay, let’s say the girls needed to take on more responsibility. Uncover the motive behind your argument and it gets exposed as one of slut shaming…absolutely deplorable, but apparently you’re smart and know more of the story.

4 1

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

I am trying to be as respectful as I can. My opinion has zero to do with her choice of partners or anything like that. 

2 4

alUmnUs
                    Ute Fan
                    @alumnus

Your position is that Lauren McCluskey bears responsibility for getting murdered AND that there’s another mysterious side to this story that proves her culpability AND that the media is intentionally pushing a false narrative.

No.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

For some reason this reminds me of the Colorado Rockies situation. A drunk man died after falling several stories down the open area in between a stairwell back in 2014 I believe. He was sliding down the banister, lost his balance and fell.

The family sued the Rockies, and a couple months ago the Rockies won the lawsuit. Soon after being found not negilgent/liable the Rockies installed grates at each level to ensure nobody fell down the open area again. When the news asked their legal expert why it took the team three years to put the grates in… because had they put the grates in prior to the verdict it may have been seen as an admission of guilt. Crazy world we live in.

I’m not picking sides in this lawsuit, certainly mistakes were made, however due to liability strange things happen. Like leaving fans at risk for three years in an attempt to avoid losing a lawsuit which would cost millions of dollars to the team’s insurance and obviously result in increased rates.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc U wants McCluskey lawsuit tossed, claiming no liability.