UCLA at UTAH

Viewing 14 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Greetings from the Huntsman Center. Post your game comments here.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Ugly, ugly game.  Even the freethrow shooting looks awkward and forced.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

The bench players are looking MUCH better than the starters…

Anonymous
          Ute Fan
          @anonymous

Allen should just sit. Defending him is way too easy — dribble, dribble, dribble into the paint; has nowhere to go and then make ugly passes. Can’t shoot. Can’t pass. Not that good of a defender.

Battin — inconsistent shooter. Not athletic. Can’t create. A 6’8″ forward, but a lot less athletic/coordinated than Carlson.

Gach — has all the athleticism, but in a funk.

Jones — smart, knows the game, but undersized and not particularly athletic. Needs team-mates to step-up. He can put his team-mates in scoring position, but they can’t finish.

Carlson — tons of potential.

Thiune — good back-up.

UCLA deserves a lot of credit, of cours.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Is Allen aware he does not have an outside shot? Does he know he’s a small 6’6″ forward? He’s been pretty useless as of late. Of course, it doesn’t help that the team doesn’t have consistent shooters. Really curious what next year’s recruits can do.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Some very bad calls.

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Not as bad as the playing of Allen/Battin/Gach. 

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

Gach needs to play.  He’s our most talented player by far.  Coaches need to let him figure it out.

that said, coaches are not putting these talented players in position to be successful on offense with these antiquated schemes.

we need to pull the post player up for a ball screen or the high post so Allen and gach can have some space to go to the rack

Ute2
            Ute Fan
            @ute2

Anonymous
            Ute Fan
            @anonymous

Yup…don’t disagree. He was out for a few games.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Good hell we suck so bad.

Fire Larry. He not only sucks between seasons but his teams barely improve within a season. S**t we are so bad.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This is some really bad offense. Bad.

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

I was extremely disappointed that I had to be out of town on business this week and would be missing this game.  Don’t have access to the game on TV at the hotel, so I’m having to try to imagine what this looks like based upon the internet radio broadcast of Riley and Soto.  (My seats are occupied with hand picked Ute fans, cheering loudly.)

Frankly, I should probably be happy I’m not there.  With an 8:30 start, there is probably not a great crowd, and while the game is not over, it seems over.  I’ll listen to the rest and keep cheering the Utes on.

In the meantime, USC lost at Colorado.  It’s hard to figure whether that means they’ll come into SLC tired and Utah sneaks one out, or they come in angry and determined not to lose both games on this trip.

Go Utes!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

‪Can’t get a shot off coming out of a timeout. Lame. ‬

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Utes had a solid offensive gameplan going into the game, actually running an offense of sorts… Shots didn’t fall, Allen and Gach made stupid plays on offense. Jones passes up wide open shot after wide open shot, the offensive gameplan is abandoned. We get jobbed by the refs a few times, and here we are.

Embarrassing

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

I was wrong, it is over – at least for me here on the East Coast – no sense staying up any longer for this 🙁

Riley and Soto are even struggling trying to find anything positive to say.

I’ll be back in town, and in the Hunty for the 4:00 PM Sunday game against USC.  Given recent results, and the way the team played tonight, that might be our last opportunity for a win this season.

Go Utes!

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

about the only thing allen hit all night was that guys ballsack.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

about the only thing allen hit all night was that guys ballsack

Thanks for the laugh.  Needed it after last night

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

team showing some life now. Jantunnen and plummer balling out.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Officiating is absolutely ruining this game. What a joke. Missed so many blatant calls that would have gone our way.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

By no means did the officiating change the outcome of this game, but hell they missed THREE goal tending calls. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Ragged officiating where home fans tend to remember the mistakes that went against us than the ones that went for us. But after the 3rd missed goaltend call, I noted to my seatmates that I understood why Lilliard blew his stack in the Portland-Jazz games a few weeks ago.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

I think that shot rimmed-out. haha

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.