UCLA loss hurts, have to win out for a realistic chance at P12 CCG

Viewing 4 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

UCLA winning out is best for us, but I think they will lose to both UO and USC. USC has a very good chance of winning out due to their weak schedule. UO has a formidable schedule, and it would be nice if UO drops their UW and OSU games, but I don’t see it happening. Maybe they will split those 2, which still makes UO a must-win for us to own the tie-breaker. In short, Utah has to win-out for a realistic chance at P12 CCG. For Utah to survive a UO loss and still make it, both UO and UCLA would have to drop 3 games each for Utah to have a clear advantage, but this scenario seems unlikely. Many assumptions here of course, but that’s how I see it playing out. It is absurd that an SUU loss would be less forgiving than a UCLA loss if the only goal is Rose. CFB is weird that way.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

My sole focus is on beating WAZZU…..One game at a time mentality.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

But your a fan…

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Wazzu is scrappy. It was mentioned on the board that we haven’t won at Pullman since 2011. I’m glad we get them after a bye week.

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

I was at that 2011 game. It was sunny then rained in the first half. Turned to sleet then snow at halftime and dumped like 3 inches on us. John White had like 200 on the ground but they scored 10 points in the last few minutes to tie before we won in OT.

SalUteopia
            Ute Fan
            @saluteopia

Kudos to you and the team for not giving up in the inclement weather!

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

Had to look up some highlights. 

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Half way through the season it’s a 4 team race. Four of Utah’s last five opponents have a P12 record of 3-12, bottom 4 of the conference right now. IMO, Oregon losses to UCLA and maybe 1-2 more teams, including Utah. UO P12 wins as of now are a 3 point win against WSU, and wins against UofA, and Stanford. UO has UCLA, Utah, UW, and OSU on the road ahead. Utah playing UCLA and USC two of the top four teams early in the season grind is key. Injuries and fatigue start to set in during November. Utah plays like they should, it’s back to Vegas baby!

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

UCLA has looked good, but they always strike me as apathetic. I don’t have faith in them. UO looked complete against UA. They are very hard to beat in Eugene. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Oregon will beat fUCLA. I also believe fUCLA loses to $C.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Yep, that’s my prediction as well. And since we lost to UCLA, we have to win vs UO to eliminate UCLA.

Utesby1
        Ute Fan
        @garykennedy

Oregon versus UCLA outcome does not really matter. If we win out we are in the CCG as the number one or number 2 team. If we lose a second game in conference we will not be in the CCG in any case.

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

Unless UCLA wins out, and UO drops 3 games total (UCLA, UW, OSU). Only then can we afford a UO loss. But this scenario is least likely. 

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Utes just need to win out, period! No guarantees outside of that.

Have to do what they did last season.

It sucks to have to root for other teams in order for your team to get to the title game.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football UCLA loss hurts, have to win out for a realistic chance at P12 CCG