Updated prediction

Viewing 4 reply threads

32utahutes
      @32utahutes

I originally had us going 10-2 with losses to Stanford and Oregon. Here is my updated prediction

Weber State – W 41-10

NIU – W 17-6

UW – L 21-7

WSU – L

Stanford – L

Arizona – W 

USC – L

UCLA – W

Arizona State – W

Oregon – L

Colorado – W

BYU – W

Edit: Ceiling is 9-3 with wins over WSU and USC. I think Stanford and Oregon are basically sure fire losses.

Floor is 5-7 with losses to Colorado and ASU.

Johnny80
      Ute Fan
      @johnny80

5 Pac losses is unacceptable. 

2 1

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

I agree with all of that except I am less sure about BYU. The narrative is set for them to win this year. Start of the year everyone expected them to be terrible, turns out they’re probably decent. Utes were hyped to have potentially whitt’s best team, turns out this looks like just another in the long line of teams that had a good defense and incapable offense. Seems like preseason hype so often turns out to be wrong. My prediction is we finish 6-6 with an L to BYU…and what we thought might be the best season since joining the pac turns out to actually be the worst.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Sadly, this is a very likely scenario.

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

We don’t lose to them. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

If Whitt loses with all of the preseason hype. Even despite TDS improvements I think you have to fire Whitt for that. 

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Right now?  I’d take it.

2 1

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I really can’t see us winning more than 2 games left on the schedule. UCLA and Arizona are wins, everything else are losses. Our offense is just that bad and our defense will eventually give up.

And as BattleGround said, Whitt’s seat should be warming up. If we don’t make a bowl game and we lose to BYU, I think it will be time to cut ties.

Now everyone go ahead and tell me that Whitt is the best coach we can get and that winning the occasional 8 games will just have to be good enough.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Losing to an albeit improved TDS program at home is inexcusable. You begin HC search after that loss or even the week before because you are an idiot if you expect a win before TDS with only FOUR wins heading into that game???

User Suspended
          @a2ute

Who cares about the TDS game? it means nothing more then the NIU game.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Yeah and I am agreeing with you. But you failed to read what I posted like always.  If you walk into the TDS with four wins and expect to have your job after it?  

I am giving you what you want. I think Whitt is on his retirement deal for sure but four wins is laughable going into the TDS with all of the talent they puffed their chest out about. 

User Suspended
              @a2ute

What I’m sensing from you and other local Ute fans, that as long as kwhitt gets to a bowl and beats tds then all is good. Bullsh#t

Ute fans need to shake off this tds win means something more than any other out of conference game. It means nothing more.

Kwhitt has been cashing the big checks by dominating this backwoods game.  NO ONE CARES outside of Utah.  Winning the PAC12 south is all that matters and Utah is the only program not to do this….. all under kwhitts watch

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Updated prediction