EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Stay away Urban.

Cesspool!!!

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

UC Irvine had better look out – NCAA sanctions coming their way.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We need Helton to be around when we play them. Don’t need some new guy and having all the players rally around him.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

We have said this so many times. With every Usc coach it seems like. 

Honestly I am like WTF SC?  We need them to get better and to make splashes nationally. Then we can embarrass them on a regular basis. LOL. 

6 1

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

We do not need them to get better.

5 1

Tacoma Ute
            Ute Fan
            @tacomaute

We need them to become like the Knicks. Big market marquee team that still sucks.

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

Who?

1 2

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Disagree national perception of the P12 is directly determined by SC. Think back to 2008. Remember the storyline to that game?  An OSU team that just beat SC. SC is probably the only P12 team that I want to win other than when Utah plays them. Now I am not being literal. But I wouldn’t lose sleep over ASU, Zona and Washington ever winning again. 

5 1

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

What is your fascination with the national perception of the P12?

astUTE
                Ute Fan
                @astute

I completely agree.  And it has nothing to do with any fascination over national perception, it is all about money.

When the “perceived” powers, in the Pac-12, USC, Oregon, Washington and Stanford, who play nationally significant oppoenents, like Alabama, Texas, Notre Dame, Auburn, and regulaly lose, as has been the case recently, it hurts the perception of the conference.  This in turn, influences whether PAC12 schools are considered for the national playoff, and what bowls invite PAC12 schools.  This in turn, impacts that amount of money the conference earns.

It is the same with Basketball.  When UCLA, and Arizona fail early in the tournament, or fall to other nationally/historically respected programs during the non-conference schedule, it impacts the perception of the conference, and ultimatly the number of teams that get into the NCAA tournament, and the amount of money the conference earns to split with it’s members.

I have no love for any of the so-called bluebloods, or historically respected programs, but I cheer for them to win ALL out of conference games, always!

And it’s not just about the money.  It’s also about the perception of Utah.  We don’t regularly play significant OOC oppoenents.  So, ultimately, the national perception of Utah, depends upon the national perception of our conference oppoenents.  When we beat USC in football, I’d rather beat a USC that ends the season with an 11-1 record, than the 5-7 they ended with last year.  

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

It is mostly SC for national perception.  Oregon is cute but most football fans know SC is the football powerhouse. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 USC….not looking good for them again.