USC vs Fresno

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Their offense looks much improved running the air raid. Their receivers are, of course, amazing. JT Daniels looks a lot more comfortable this year.

Defensive line and linebackers look solid and are aggressive.

Their weak spot is their secondary. It’s obvious. Utah better be prepared to throw down field to be competitive at the coliseum.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

JT Daniels goes out with what looks to be a pretty bad knee injury.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Who’s their 4-5 star backup QB?

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

It was Jack Sears until he entered the transfer portal. Currently, it’s Kedon Slovis (who, surprisingly, is only a 3-star with not many P5 offers). Matt Fink is still on the roster, I believe.

I wonder if Sears will exit the portal and come back?

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Wonder what’s going on with Fink. He seemed decent to me last year during the Ute game.

UteFanatic
              Ute Fan
              @utefanatic

I guess Slovis beat him out.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Honestly I’m not all that impressed with their O. USC should be way better than that. They had two good drives and just like typical USC, they quit playing. It’s obvious they’re the better team here but they’re winning by 7 at the half? Give me a break. With that roster they better win by no less than 21.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

It’s true, their offense did start to slow down after writing the original post. They were still moving the ball rather easily, but had a few red zone turnovers and then JT’s injury. If the backup QB is isn’t good, they might be in for a very long year again.

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

I can just FEEL the apathy through my TV. USC needs a major overhaul, top to bottom. They’ll never be a national contender again without it.

It’s too bad Fresno shoots itself in the foot.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

If Urban went to USC (which many are speculating is a real possibility), they would immediately be a national championship contender.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

If Urban went to SC, they would be a juggernaut.

Grimmetal
          Ute Fan
          @grimmetal

Yep. It’d be a tall task to endure that era. A little but unfair as well. As much as he put us on the map, I’m definitely over his penchant for jumping around so often and quitting programs for lateral moves.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Not until after the Utah game though. They always seem to fire coaches mid-season the week before they play the Utes then they come out and beat us.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Helton got lucky. Not punting and then having the play blow up in his face on fourth down could have been costly and if they lost because of that, I’m not sure Helton makes it through September.

I’m confused about Fresnos play calling. They had plenty of time but they kept going deep. Ended up throwing a pick.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football USC vs Fresno