USC yesterday eliminated any margin for error in the South race.

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteDuke
      Ute Fan
      @uteduke

That being said, Utah has absolute control of their destiny and seems to be playing some of their best ball as of late. It sure is nice to have players like Marcus Williams back as well!

One interesting thought though, if USC beats UCLA next week and Colorado loses to WSU then Colorado would be out of the South race because USC would finish at 7-2 and owns the tiebreaker with Colorado. Colorado could lose a lot of their motivation if this occurs, and I would love to catch them feeling sorry for themselves when we play them to end the season. 

Regardless, next week is going to be big for all of the South leaders as a slip up by any of the teams would almost ensure elimination.

Here is to hoping that we hold serve! Go Utes! Beat the Ducks!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Colorado has dashed Utah’s chances to PAC12 championship before. I doubt they feel sorry for themselves. 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Agree with what you are saying, but nothing really changes for Utah. Even before yesterday we had to win out to win the South.

Things do change a little bit for Colorado as they still have to play a very good WSU team.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Agree, Utah always had to win out.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Colorado is having their best season in years and will be motivated to win as many as possible and go to the best bowl game possible. If they lose to wazzu that keeps the usc to win the south door open which I prefer slammed shut and a top 10 matchup in bolder 

Anonymous
        Inactive

Game day to Boulder??? Why not right??

I forgot Ohio St Vs Michigan nevermind.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

@UteDuke, I can see your point about Colorado if the lose to WSU, but on the flip side, facing Colorado with nothing to lose, playing loose could be dangerous. I’d rather they beat WSU and come into the game under pressure. I think our team might handle it better because we’ve recently been under the same pressure and folded. CU hasn’t experienced this in the Pac-12, we have, not only in 2011, but also last year and the year before.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football USC yesterday eliminated any margin for error in the South race.