UTAH a 26 pt. Favorite per Vegas Oddsmakers

Viewing 6 reply threads

mpute
      Ute Fan
      @mparker40

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

What’s your take? Will UTAH cover the score? Will the spread be greater? Remember, the Spartans were unfortunate at Texas, losing 56-0. Can UTAH have such a breakout win against SJSU? Thoughts?

I not only feel we’ll cover the spread, but that we’ll add to it by 10, scoring 36 pts. more than SJSU.

But what are your thoughts/predictions?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I won’t be surprised if they cover.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Utah will not cover. Not because we can’t, but because Whit won’t run it up on any team that’s not coached by Joe Glenn.

1 1

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

So the O/U on single-finger salutes from opposing coach is 0.5?

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

1 1

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

Signed 54-10 48-24 and the inside kick against Wyoming 

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I think they cover. I think Utah is at least as good as Texas.

That and I think the offense is going to want to play hard to work out the kinks going into the Stanford game.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I am not a fan of Ruts, unless it’s tds or Oregon or some other similar deserving foe.

I don’t care how much they score, as long as there are corrections to penalty problems, and more running by the actual RB’s. Oh and more TD’s instead of field goals in the rz.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

They certainly can cover IMO.  But, will they?  KW is not a RUTS kind of coach.  Texas needed to do something big  because of their first game debacle.  Once Utah gets a solid lead, KW will let his 2nd and 3rd string play.  This often leads to late scores which may keep us under the point spread.  I think the 26 points may be about right considering how KW coaches.  I think the odds makers know this about KW.

On the other hand, if I was KW – I would try to score fast, early and often in order to get the confidence of the offense up.  They need to learn how to score.  Of course at some point, you put in the reserves.  I am just saying that I wouldn’t hold back at all in the first half.  These guys are struggling in the red zone and need confidence going into conference play.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I wouldn’t mind seeing some of the backups to start. Maybe the first team guys don’t know how to score. Sans Huntley and Carrington. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Part of why I think we will cover is we need the offensive work to prepare for the Pac-12 season.

AllInUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @allinutefan

I agree.  With a new offense and plenty of mistakes in the first two games, I think Utah has to take advantage of real-game practice.  I would be nervous to throw out untested concepts for AZ with our track record thus far.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football UTAH a 26 pt. Favorite per Vegas Oddsmakers