Utah All Time Basketball rankings. (Well since 2003)

Viewing 1 reply thread

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

The #4 through #8 spots are most interesting as well as #14 and #16

I know we all hate Larry right now and I’m not saying take the pressure off at all…I’m just saying if he’s going to throw up a Hail Mary and get back into the tournament he likely has the horses to do it….assuming people don’t leave and so forth and so on.

https://247sports.com/college/utah/Sport/Basketball/AllTimeRecruits/

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

That does look like an exciting list of recruits full of hope for the future. But it becomes a whole lot less exciting when you see that #’s 1, 2, 7, 11, 13, & 17 all transfered and #15 had to take a medical retirement. Loveridge(10) & Wright(12) are the only players in the top 15 who ever became star players for Utah. If Jones and Allen stick around, they could be star players.   

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Brekkot Chapman is the one recruit that had the most promise and left the biggest whole for many years. The guy wanted to smoke weed, not work on his body at all, and be with his pregnant girlfriend. He didn’t engage too much at Weber St. He didn’t do one thing the coaches ever asked him to do. Too bad on that one. I’m not sure about Jayce Johnson. His body is so goofy. I think he suffers from having too high of hips that he is awkward and is easily pushed around.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

Just making an observation regarding the amount of hope and excitement I have regarding these incoming players and why it would be somewhat reserved. We’ve had too many recruits transfer and whether they stay or go, too many of them haven’t turned out to be anywhere near as good as their rating. Exhibits A & B – Chapman and Johnson. Both transferred and neither lived up to their rating.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Marshall Henderson was a Boylen transfer so that’s not in line with the main discussion.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Marshall was undisciplined and not very sportsmanlike and I was glad when he left (but of course this was before our current coach anyway)

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Utah All Time Basketball rankings. (Well since 2003)