Utah brand of football

Viewing 7 reply threads

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Came across this and had to share. This outsider gets us and sums up this football team and the Utah brand as well as anything I’ve seen.  Must read, at least through sections 1 & 2:

Utah brand

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Thanks. Excellent article. 

ravensute
      Ute Fan
      @ravensute

garish display of badassery” seems like a solid team motto.

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

That was a fun read!  

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

This guy is earning a follow from me. Favorite line:

Before I leave the Pac-12 championship, let me also just say, listening to a game full of Brock Huard is like extending a mandatory 20-minute Teams meeting by 3 hours. But I do it for you.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Referring to Urban Meyer as a “bar skank enthusiast” was also rich.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Thanks for sharing. Love this paragraph:

Utah is the two-time Pac-12 champion because they engage in football not track & field like the rest of their candyass conference. They did the exact same thing to USC in coming back to beat them 43-42 in Salt Lake City earlier this year. This game was just more emphatic, like a mob goon beating down a rival member before mumbling with the last punch: “Tell Carmine I said hello.”

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I knew this would be your favorite line. 

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

Fantastic article. I think the author is off on one point though: Utah is MUCH more athletic that they think. We have DUDES now as well! Athleticism isn’t an issue for our Utes. In fact, I think Kyle and Co. have done an AMAZING job of finding athletes and turning them into FOOTBALL PLAYERS. We are banged up enough that we likely didn’t look as athletic as we really are, but watching JJ, Micah, Kincaid, Yassmin, Parks, Dixon, et al. run through the ‘athletic USC D’ I am not sure how you don’t see athletes. And then we get to our D. That pick, dear lord was it athletic and pretty. Our D-line and backers have grown up and come together. Our secondary is incredibly athletic. I HOPE PSU thinks all we are is ‘smash mouth’. This team is so much more than that. A lot of these players will be in the NFL and contributing over the next few years.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

His comments on Huard is dead on.  Brock sucks and not in the good way!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah brand of football