Utah is NOT Kentucky (~33:00)

Viewing 2 reply threads

tarheelute
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelute

Interesting podcast. Long segment on Utah, PAC12, Kyle Whittingham starting at 33:00.

SB Nation Podcast

Utah is NOT Kentucky – as a compliment. Kentucky is coming out of nowhere, whereas Utah has been good for a while.

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

Yes, good, but has a recent dramatic history of falling apart in November.

I’m feeling different about this November, but I have to admit I’m a little worried.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Many of the teams we lost to in recent Novembers have been solid Top 20 teams. (UW 2017 year – 3 pt loss, WSU 2017 – close loss, CFP-bound UW 2016 – close loss, CU 2016 – close loss, Arizona 2014 – OT loss).  As I recall we were underdogs is most of those games. 

The only real WTF November losses I can remember are Oregon/Carrington 2016, UCLA 2015 (Booker injured and Wilson kept it on 4th and Goal), and the team completely quitting vs Arizona in the freezing rain in 2014 (and Arizona went to a NY6 game that year, so it wasn’t really a WTF loss). 

I still think the ESPN FPI is pretty good for us this weekend, and that gives us a nearly 70% chance to win.  Ball takes a funny  bounce, and we get a case of the drops, then things will go badly.  But I fully expect we will win this game by 17+ points.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Oregon 2016 still haunts me. I want revenge so bad this year. 

I would say that is exactly how Roderick got fired was for that game. Brady Hoke? Fresh off his Michigan firing takes his awful defense to Utah and you manage 7 at half. Oregon had been giving up tons of points at that point. To add insult to injury Utah defense allows 20 fourth quarter points. 

Anonymous
            Inactive

I want to give them the 2015 treatment, 73-3. Shut up. I can dream if I want to. 

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

Great reminder that 3 years ago today basically we were ranked #3… We’ve been a good team consistently. Now obviously, we fell hard and fast in November so often now that we all have anxiety disorders because if the trauma. But we are, have been and will continue to be a solid team… With obvious room for growth.

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

Something to consider is that in Massey, Sagarin and S&P we were ranked much lower, even though we were 6-0 at the time, this year, we are at 12, 10, and 13 respectively. So the media previously over ranked us because of our wins, but this year, we’re right about where we should be. Definitely agree that we can still improve on a lot of things, and this team will be pretty scary if we get everything cleaned up.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah is NOT Kentucky (~33:00)