Utah Jazz should they trade for Mike Conley?

Viewing 1 reply thread

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I say yes. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Because it is the best available yes. I would prefer Holiday though and overspending for Dlo or hell even Kemba. Next two years Jazz have a chance to go to the WCF. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

I’d want Harris over dlo. But I don’t think we can get Harris and Conley.

KoolWhitt
          Ute Fan
          @koolwhitt

We can’t. If the Jazz get Conley, they will only have their mid-level and veteran’s exceptions left to spend. Conley is at $32M and Harris is going to get $30M-ish too.

KoolWhitt
        Ute Fan
        @koolwhitt

All indications are that Holiday is absolutely not available. My wish list, in order, is Kemba, DLo, Harris, and Conley. However, with how strongly the Jazz seem to be after DLo and Conley and the fact that there has been absolutely no mention of the Jazz continuing to persue Walker in several weeks, it would seem that Kemba has probably told them that he’s not interested. Conley is debateably better than DLo right now, but Russell is a full ten years younger, which speaks heavily to his anticipated ceiling, not to mention that his prime should conicide with Donovan’s.

Harris would be a great fit, particularly if we can get a Pat Beverly-type to man the point. It seems increasingly likely, however, that either Jimmy Butler stays and Harris signs with Brooklyn, or Butler goes and Harris stays in Philly.

If the Jazz pull off the Conley trade, I am assuming (given Tony Jones’ report that Favors is not involved) that they would be parting ways with Exum, Korver, and possibly either Crowder or Royce. They will need to use their exceptions to fill in the roster, and I’m hoping guys like Beverly, Reddick, and Ariza are on their radar, though I’m not sure Reddick would leave Philly and all signs point to Beverly wanting a big payday.

Conley is hardly a consolation prize, though. Dude would easily be the best point guard the Jazz have had since Deron Williams, and would take a HUGE amount of pressure and workload off of Mitchell and make him much more efficient. Donovan was gassed by the playoffs.  

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Royce made himself some money honestly. He needs more polished offensive game but he is a defensive force off the bench and can fill starter minutes if needed. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Utah Jazz should they trade for Mike Conley?