Utah NIL?

Viewing 2 reply threads

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Honest question. Is there some sort of structure in place managing Utah NIL beyond the players trying to well T-shirts and other merch? I want to believe Utah is out in front of this in some capacity to keep their current players compensated. I guess we’ll see real soon how it plays out. 

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

Utah is very much behind the curve on NIL. They haven’t been very proactive because most boosters aren’t receptive to the idea. They want their money to put names on buildings and pay for some 18 year old kid to drive a nice car. Whitt is having a really hard time embracing the idea. Last I heard there still wasn’t any dedicated NIL liaisons for the football program. That could have changed but I’ve heard Utah is treading slowly and being more cautious than most when it comes to embracing the new normal.

2 1

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Having raised two teenagers ; I have a hard time fronting their allowance with the promise they’ll get their chores done ; .. if this goes anything like the NBA .. players ball out the year of their contract, but as soon as they get it , they regress .. I guess it’s the way of the future , think the Utes are going the right direction with it .. didn’t work out so well this year for SC , Bama or Oregon ..

belli1976
          Ute Fan
          @belli1976

Anyone know how much Tavion got in NIL? I have wondered if he got a nice deal and made him comfortable.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.