Utah stays in front of Choklahoma AP Poll

Viewing 6 reply threads

SorryWife
      Ute Fan
      @sorrywife

I was a little worried that Choklahoma would jump us, it’ll be interesting to see if the committee thinks the same. 

AP Top 10:

tOSU

LSU

Clemson

Georgia

Utah

Choklahoma

Florida

Baylor

Alabama

Wisconsin

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

This isn’t what matters though. What matters is Tuesday night with the Committee. I’m a little nervous.

SorryWife
        Ute Fan
        @sorrywife

Yeah that’s why I said it’ll be interesting to see if the committee thinks the same as the AP

GibUtes
      Ute Fan
      @gibutes

ESPN still is in love with OU, saying they’ll jump us for sure if they win out. I assume they would say the same thing about Baylor, but who knows… Oregon not moving up much in the polls stinks.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

I don’t think they’ll likely jump us Tuesday but I think they almost certainly will the following week.

I hope Baylor beats them 2-0 in the ugliest game ever.

UtesRule
          Ute Fan
          @utesrule

I fear you are right, and next weeks polls (after the conference championships) is the one that matters most.

Either way…Beat Nike U and at worst play in the Rose Bowl!!

ThurstonW
        Ute Fan
        @thurstonw

We need Baylor to beat Oklahoma.  Baylor is less likely to jump us that Oklahoma is…..

2 1

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

My hope is that the committee views playing defense as a good thing, since Oklahoma does very little of that.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Just go out and beat a tough Oregon team, otherwise it doesn’t matter.  Win and then we can see what happens in other games and with the committee.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

They did stop Chuba Hubbard and held Ok State to 16 points in the Cowboys’ home stadium.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

I am more worried about the difference in ranking of Baylor and Oregon.   If both OU and Utah win their respective conference championships the reltive ranking of their opponents will be used to rationalize the pick of the 4th team.   For two reasons I hope its Utah they pick — 1) obviously I’m a Utah fan, 2) even though I’m also an Oklahoma fan, the fact that Oklahoma gets left out will be a stronger motivation for Oklahoma and Big12 fans to lobby for a change from the curent system to an 8-team playoff system, which is what we SHOULD have.   Its crazy that there are 5 Power conferences but a max of 4 of their champions will get in the Playoff.

Rip claybourne
      Ute Fan
      @ripclaybourne

We have no ranked wins all year. If they win, they’re gonna jump us. We’re the last man on the Titanic.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I think how you win matters. If Utah smokes Oregon they will stay at four. Oklahoma doesn’t play defense. The nation has seen it all year and is bored by them not able to score or stop a Cfp team from scoring. 

Rip claybourne
      Ute Fan
      @ripclaybourne

But thats exactly our problem. LSU is ranked 35th while OU is ranked 26th in defense. As long as LSU’s (the #1 team) ranking stays there, everyone else will look good on defense regardless.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah stays in front of Choklahoma AP Poll