Ute Fan
      @utah

From hardest to easiest:

Tier 1 (national title hopes): USC, Washington

Tier 2 (PAC-12 title hopes): Stanford

Tier 3 (hopes of being ranked): Oregon, WSU, UCLA, Colorado

Tier 4 (hopes of a bowl): Arizona, ASU, BYU 

Tier 5 (crappy OOC team): SJSU, FCS team

I get that BYU has hopes of more than “just a bowl” but that’s because their schedule sucks so bad. If they had Arizona or ASU’s schedule, this is where they’d fit. 

Our schedule is insanely tough. We could play 7 games vs ranked teams. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

And based on our schedule I’d put us in “hopes of a bowl.”

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I agree completely. I think we win 6-7 games. 

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

I’ll go with 8. I think we get one large win, and one loss that shouldn’t happen. 

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I think Oregon and UCLA are too high. I’m skeptical a new coach will solve the ducks overnight, and UCLA has been a hot mess even with Rosen healthy.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I don’t disagree per se, but Oregon does have a TON of talent still offensively and our offense sucks until proven otherwise. 

We should beat Oregon. We should have blown them and Cal out last year. Having a defense keeps you in games. Having an offense let’s you out games away. 

Mans UCLA has Rosen. He was hurt a lot of last year, so I think they will take a step up. 

I’d put us in tier 3. A couple of breaks, we get 9-11 wins and have a great year. A couple of bad breaks and we finish with 6-7 wins. Our problem is our schedule is bad break #1. 

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

Agreed about Utah in tier 3. The Oregon game last year still stings. I hope we get revenge this year. I don’t expect us to blow them out like 2015, but since the game is still in October not November there’s a chance.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

I was in a hotel in Morocco watching the Oregon game at like 4am. I almost destroyed my room after that last play.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

I was in a 7-11 parking lot in Vegas watching on my phone cussing and swearing. Terrible end to a great week. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah’s schedule by opponent: