Ute Hub is under attack

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve had a chance to look into why the site has been running slowly. It looks like my server is under an xmlrpc attack. I’ve bocked a few of the offending countries like Sri Lanka, Russia, Turkey, and that has decreased the server load quite a bit, but it is still under attack.  It might be slow going until the attackers move on, or until I find a way of blocking them.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I blame the zoobs

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

Was one of the locations Provistan?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

If I could block Provo I would. Come to think of it… if a UFO came down and scooped Provo off of the earth’s surface I’d be fine with that too.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

They wouldn’t mind it either if something scooped them off the face of the Earth.  

1 1

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

I’m surprised we haven’t seen a lot of spam messages, unless those are getting blocked already.  I’ve seen this happen to a few forums, and it seems to take a few days to clear up completely.  Sorry Tony, we’re in it with you for the long haul.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yeah the attack isn’t on the front end of the board. It’s attacking an xml login method I don’t use. I disabled it, but the attack is still going.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Turns out one of my other websites on my server is being attacked, but that is taking over 500% of the server’s resources to handle.  So unfortunatley I had to disable that website temporarily.  Hopefully the attacking bots will move on and I can turn that site back on tomorrow morning.  Hopefully Ute Hub will speed up a bit but there are still lingering effects of the attack going.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Ute Hub is under attack