Ute Hub is under attack

• Next: @ Stanford¬† Thu 1/24 7pm – Pac12 TV

Tony
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve had a chance to look into why the site has been running slowly. It looks like my server is under an xmlrpc attack. I’ve bocked a few of the offending countries like Sri Lanka, Russia, Turkey, and that has decreased the server load quite a bit, but it is still under attack.  It might be slow going until the attackers move on, or until I find a way of blocking them.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I blame the zoobs

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

Was one of the locations Provistan?

Tony
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

If I could block Provo I would. Come to think of it… if a UFO came down and scooped Provo off of the earth’s surface I’d be fine with that too.

BattleGroundUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

They wouldn’t mind it either if something scooped them off the face of the Earth.  

1 1

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

I’m surprised we haven’t seen a lot of spam messages, unless those are getting blocked already.  I’ve seen this happen to a few forums, and it seems to take a few days to clear up completely.  Sorry Tony, we’re in it with you for the long haul.

Tony
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yeah the attack isn’t on the front end of the board. It’s attacking an xml login method I don’t use. I disabled it, but the attack is still going.

Tony
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Turns out one of my other websites on my server is being attacked, but that is taking over 500% of the server’s resources to handle.  So unfortunatley I had to disable that website temporarily.  Hopefully the attacking bots will move on and I can turn that site back on tomorrow morning.  Hopefully Ute Hub will speed up a bit but there are still lingering effects of the attack going.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Message Board Forums Ute Hub Site Ute Hub is under attack

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tony 2 weeks, 1 day ago.