Ute Pride

Viewing 1 reply thread

Proud to Be a Ute
      Ute Fan
      @reav

Yes, I am disappointed. Back to back PAC 12 championship games, a 10-2 record, and included national conversation (I acknowledge begrudgingly). To that, I say, “Bravo Utes!”. 

I have been a Ute Man for 43 years. I remember what it was like when the only game to look forward to was the game against the TDS. I’ll take this over that anytime.

If the game take us to the Alamo, then hopefully I will have lots of company…and remember what Pee Herman learned, the Alamo doesn’t have a basement!

GO UTES!

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Unfortunately I think Utes might be headed to the Vegas bowl.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Utah will NOT go to the Las Vegas Bowl.  It is literally impossible, per league rules.  There as a very slim, outside chance that the Alamo selects USC, because their 7-2 league record is within one game of our 8-1 record, but should that happen, Utah could fall no lower than the Holiday.

2 4

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

After that shellacking who the hell cares about a bowl game? I wanna know how Harding and Special Teams coaches still have jobs tomorrow? And WTH are coaches going to do to improve recruiting.

FtheY
            Ute Fan
            @fthey

Yeah, online was frustrating for sure. I can’t think of the last time they looked that bad, which is so tough to see. It’s like my golf game, once one area improves, another drops off. Ford gets beat, then Daniels gets beat, then moala looks immobile. I don’t get it how we looked so bad tonight. 

Oregon exposed us on not having a kicker. They made some big stops on 4th and we sputtered. Credit to them.

As for recruiting, I too believe we need to do better having won the south two years in a row. I will withhold judgement until this class is over and we typically sign guys later. Better recruits typically push for time earlier, which means they contribute more and gain more experience, making them impact players for longer amounts of time. This minimizes a whole rebuild. 

Why is our defense elite this year? It’s mostly seniors, a huge transfer with Francis, and three guys in Burgess, Lloyd, and Nurse who were luckily developed in one offseason. Jav and Jaylon were recruits that started  as freshman and were defensive anchors.

Next year – we don’t have much returning production with experience. The stars happened to align for this year, and we will still develop and have a serviceable defense next year. We just don’t have enough Javs and Jaylons to minimize the rebuild. Transfers and development help here, it’s just not at a fast enough rate, or long enough tenure, as the elites. We are elite at player development and stopgap recruiting, but need to turn the corner. We have some guys leaning our way and hope we can finally get them this year. 

Italy88
            Ute Fan
            @itacoatiara22

I wish I was your boss. Hey, remember when you were crying and bitching because I brought up Manny Bowen? Did you throw a fit and find a cry closet when the announcers did last night? Just curious.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Whitt coaches the special teams.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Gotcha…my bad. Looking at the breakdown. Alamo vs. a mid-level B12 team. Projections show vs. Kansas State.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.