Ute Rookies in NFL

Viewing 0 reply threads

HCHooligan
      Ute Fan
      @hchooligan

Since we haven’t seen a game yet this fall, and who knows who will even be active if/when we play, I’m looking back at last year’s defense. I resorted to Google to answer my own question (from a thread below): Are all nine former 2019 defensive Utes on active NFL rosters? 

Leki Fotu – Cardinals {5 tackles in 5 games}

Bradley Anae – Cowboys {played in 7 games}

Julian Blackman – Colts {started 6 games; 17 tackles; 6 pass deflections; 2 interceptions}

Jaylon Johnson – Bears {started 9 games; 26 tackles; 12 pass deflections}

John Penisini – Lions {played in 8 games; started 4 games; 11 tackles}

Francis Bernard – Cowboys {played in 6 games; 2 tackles}

Josh Nurse – Jaguars {activated last week; walk-on -> starter @ the U; undrafted -> active roster in NFL!}

Terrel Burgess – Rams {played in 7 games; 8 tackles; 1 pass deflection; sidelined w/ broken ankle injury}

Javelin Guidry – Jets {played vs Miami; 1 tackle}

The answer is YES! Our OL seemed to be our Achilles heel, but our D was LOADED! Unfortunate ending to an historic season, but the ride was wild. I get the impression that Coach Whitt has raised the bar for his own expectations of on-the-field performance. He doesn’t flaunt the excuse that “we’re young” ” we’re inexperienced.” His language seems to be, rather, “these young players need to step up.”

I’m excited to see what this year, and next, hold for this team. “Next man up!” “Respect the Process!”

“Playing or not, expect Utah pipeline to continue (SI)”

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ute Rookies in NFL