Utefans.net is dead

12 6

Johnny
    Ute Fan
    @johnny

There are like 10 of the same people posting political stuff on there. Let’s make this the premier University of Utah sports talk site. 

5 2

Puget Ute
    Ute Fan
    @pugetute

Have you read it recently? What are you basing this opinion on? The first 5 pages have 19 football threads, 3 joke threads under Misc, 1 food thread, and 2 political threads.

UFN has five times the unique traffic of all other Utah boards combined.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

That said, this site is SO much better to use and is easier to read and post.

8 1

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

And when this site passes ufn in traffic it will come with its own set of negatives. Find me a well trafficked user comment oriented site without stuff you don’t like.

Take the bad with the good. Get better at ignoring the stuff you don’t like. Welcome to the internet 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

For instance, I am not a fan of byu threads in the football forum except during the week before  and the week after we play them. They are now in the rear view mirror and have no bearing on the rest of our season.  

But others don’t feel the same way and every site will have multiple byu threads through the whole season.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

As you were. Stand down on this. It’s a site that has political posts mixed in with sports posts. Fail. 90% of the people checking in on Utah are lurkers. Bye bye Utefans.net

Milton Vanderslice
    Ute Fan
    @miltonvanderslice

It’s okay to like more than one thing.  Each site has its own unique value.

Tony
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I like blondes and brunettes… and redheads… 

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Reminds me a line from a movie with Owen Wilson after Wilson’s friend, in a response to which girl he wants dibs on, chooses a brunette over a blond: “Good, cause I will take what I can get.”

Anonymous

What about baldies?

Tony
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Started to google “hot bald bikini models” but while at work I think I’d better hold off…

1 1

SkinyUte
    Ute Fan
    @skinyute

I finally unchecked politics over there about a month ago, and have found it to be a much more pleasant experience.

UFN has just as much football talk as Utehub, and both are great places to go for Utah discussions.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

Problem is, every time I log in, some sort of reset or something. The box is checked and “member since” date is current date. I’ve been on that site since like 2001. It’s garbage. And I’ve donated more financially than I care to share to that page

Tony
    Admin/Founder
    @admin

Seems active to me and much improved over a year ago. Regardless of what happens there I think Ute Hub already IS the premier University of Utah sports talk site AND MOBILE APP. I’m always working to improve this site and the app.

Duhwayne
    Ute Fan
    @duhwayne

My guess is that most of us post to both and felt both relief that Tony stepped up and sadness at Chris’ demise. I hope that both grow bigger and better.

Brettski
    Ute Fan
    @brettski

I rarely go there anymore because I ended up blocking a bunch of internet tough guys especially the dude w/ dick cheney avatar, looking at you.

Rick
    Ute Fan
    @rickyrules

There are several folks who post on Utefans.net that I simple cannot stand.  All they post is political crap and they are so predictable and boring in their not so funny posts that I can’t go there anymore.  I love utehub way more than that other site.  It is a much more healthy environment and it mostly discusses sports which I love.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Message Board Forums Misc Utefans.net is dead

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny 1 year, 8 months ago.