Utes have 16 recruits ranked in the top 1000

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I read yesterday that Utah has signed 16 of the top 1000 high school football players. By comparison, our friends down south have signed 4. Also, according to Rivals, Utah had a better recruiting class than any team in the “new” Big12. The 2023 recruiting class is amazing. It’s a great time to be a Utah football fan.

Go Utes!!!

1 4

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

The top 1000? Somehow that doesn’t sound all that impressive. When you consider that most schools are bringing in around 20 guys a class, I would be more surprised if one of our scholarship recruits ISN’T a top 1000 player.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

We had 20 signees.  16 of 20 is good IMO.  Many of our past top players like Weddle and Lloyd were not top 1000 recruits.  There are about 130 D1 college teams.  If you split the top 1000 up evenly – we would get 8.  Of course, teams like Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, and others get 25 top 1000 recruits every year.  We are not there yet.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Success breeds success.

3 1

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

why do you feel the need to compare Utah to the parochial school? what happens in Provo has been irrelevant to Utah for over a decade

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I only posted what was in the article I read.

Utesby1
      Ute Fan
      @garykennedy

If we signed 20 I am curious which four players were not in the top 1000? I always enjoy watching them to see which will become our next Weddle.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utes have 16 recruits ranked in the top 1000