Utes known for physical play

Viewing 1 reply thread

utahby05
      Ute Fan
      @utahby05

To me, the most Ironic part of the last 2 losses – is the way we got outplayed at the line of scrimmage.  

Over the last several years, Utah has earned the reputation throughout the PAC 12 for being a physically, dominating team. This no doubt starts up front in the trenches. I do think this praise for being tough & physical is warranted – particularly on the D Line. 

However, in our last 2 games, both sides of our line got worked. And that, is surprising…. 

As I said in an earlier post, (I believe) the 3 teams we lost to this year, are teams that have more, elite (big, physical, fast) athletes.

Bottom Line : as much as Utah is known for being physical – we still need that to improve. As has been mentioned, many of the starters on the O Line return next year. Additionally, though we’ll certainly miss Anae, L Fotu, and Penesini – Utah is typically able to reload at the D Line position. 

The team that wins the battle of the line of scrimmage, generally wins the game. It certainly makes everything else easier.   Go Utes !

1 1

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Bring back John Pease!!!

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utes known for physical play