Utes need to play Utah football

Viewing 3 reply threads

UtahManPodcast
      Ute Fan
      @utahmanpodcast

Utes drops their 4th straight game and things are looking bad for this Utah program. Cameron, Ryan, and Scott tell you why the Utes need to get to playing Utah football and end this losing streak. They guys are also joined by Dan Sorensen from Utezone.com

Episode 94

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I love Utah fans. When we win 9+ games running the ball: oh, “throw” game, we suck, old school offense, we will never win this way. 

When we overhaul the offense, including a ton of young WR’s (many of them 4 star kids) and a young QB who was amazing before getting hurt, Ute fan is all “we’ve got to get back to Utah football and running the ball”.

The simple reality is this: 

we have got to get better in the red zone and on third down. 

A lot of this stems from the fact that when we play “Utah football” we can’t throw the ball. 

We need to calm down and let Taylor and Huntley go to work. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I think you are oversimplifying things a lot to support your viewpoint. Which lately has been completely incorrect. Utah offensively isn’t doing s**t right at the moment. I don’t need to “let” them do anything as if I stand in the way or something. 

Clearly Utah has become incredibly easy to scheme for again entering PAC12 play. Defenses that statistically are awful suddenly become the best. 

I have no answers for the defensive woes other than speculation.  I speculate that this isn’t simple anymore obviously something with that team is going on. These are college kids and after two gut wrenching losses they have basically given up in the last two. That is the only thing I can think of for why the defense sucks so mightily. 

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

Utah:

In my opinion, Ute fans are the antithesis of zoob nation. They win 9-10 games, NC next season for sure plus their QB has the Heisman in the bag. Utes win 9-10 games, still not good enough. Unreal expectations for both fan groups and complete polar opposites. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

They need to play any kind of football but I think if they were capable of that they would have already. The D isn’t as good as we’d hoped, and also very dinged up. The O line isn’t as good as it needs to be for the offense to work.  I’m not sure there are any plays Troy could call that would work.

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

Every single fan base in the nation gets excited when they are on an undefeated streak. At 4-0 every fan base loses their minds a bit. then with a loss most freak out for a bit, want to fire their coaches, and get fairly depressed once the illusion is shattered until they mark it up to rebuilding or something and move on. Ute fans fall in this category. We seem to be pretty normal on the spectrum of fan sanity.

The real issue is how many of them jump on the total delusion train at any early point and start thinking their team walks on water, s**ts gold bricks, and will win every award in the NCAA.

There are only two teams that really fit this bill in the country.
      1. Alabama because they suck but they are half right.
      2. Zoobs because they collectively have their heads up their asses to a degree never seen elsewhere.

I despise them both. But I have to credit Alabama for having a decent NFL team. Zoobs otoh I’d just prefer to see go away and never come back.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utes need to play Utah football