@thurstonw

Skyler Southam (K) – transfer from the dork team down south

Joe Ludwig (S) – Iowa transfer

GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 20

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

This sucks, one of them is a former zoob, and the other is the son of Andy Ludwig. neither of these two should be playing division I football.

mfaulk80
        Ute Fan
        @mfaulk80

This is relatively old news….and I’m not seeing how it sucks.  I don’t think either of them are scholarship players right now, so it doesn’t really hurt us in any way.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Agree.  Utah desperatly needs real LB’s and Safetys and kwhitt pulls this??

Ludwig holds all the cards in this relationship.

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

What does our need of LBs and Safetys have to do with this? 

User Suspended
            @a2ute

Ludwig kid is an unranked “safety”… reminds me when kwhitt had his son on the team.  Just can’t waste valuble scholarships on family. 

Rick
              Ute Fan
              @rickyrules

Whitt’s kids were never on scholarships and I highly doubt Andy’s kid will not be as well.  Next?

User Suspended
                @a2ute

Can you confirm this? If not your rant is just as valid as mine – next?

mfaulk80
                  Ute Fan
                  @mfaulk80

If you look at their bios, both of Kyle’s sons were walk-ons.  Joe Ludwig walked on at Iowa.  Kyle doesn’t award kickers scholarships until they get to camp AFAIK.  Everything points to all of the discussed players as never having taken up a scholarship at Utah.  

I believe we only have 2 initials to give.  There is no way that either of those players are taking an initial from this class.  Cooper Justice isn’t taking an initial either (though he will get a scholarship after he gets on campus from what I understand).  

You’re just blowing smoke for no reason…

mfaulk80
              Ute Fan
              @mfaulk80

As I said directly above your comment, I don’t believe either kid mentioned by the OP is on scholarship. They certainly aren’t counted against our initials this year.  

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

We also just landed DL – Keanu Tanuvasa over UCLA which improves our class rank to 28th. All time best.

1 5

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

28th!  That’s what matters yeah???

really, the future is very bright.

Gotten better year upon year upon year. It’s a big deal and we should be very pleased.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

ONLYU. Do you have any insight on Hubert. Will he be ready to go by fall camp ? Should feel a lot better knowing that he was ready to go.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Still a ways to go on RJ. 8 months is standard recovery time +/- a month or two. As long as he doesn’t have a major setback he’ll have a good chance to be in the mix. I expect to add a safety in the portal though to bolster the depth there.

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

Both are walk ins, so no impact on the class

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football UTES Pick Up Two Football Transfer Players