UW game thoughts

Viewing 4 reply threads

Walkman
      Ute Fan
      @btw6btw6

I always try to remember what Coach Whit stats about the growth that is supposed to happen between game 1 and game 2 but that being said….

I was suprised and pleased to have dominated the first half of the UW game – we dominated not only the score but the time of possession.

I was super disappointed that we could not match the intensity and adjustments that the UW team made as they came out to play in that 2nd half.  You could immediately see they changed their tempo to open the half – they had a great opening drive which finised in a score.  We on the other hand begin a series on uninspired drives that end in turnovers and or no points.

No matter how you spin it we don’t score in the half, we lose a winable game where we can’t make adjustments and get lose

Super disappointing but not suprising considering we didn’t make adjustments or score in the 2nd half of the SC game either.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Indeed. Overlooked is the first half success was as much about UW a sleep at the wheel in the first half. Had UW played a full game I am afraid this would have been a blow out loss. Utah turnovers, failed 4th down conversion, and no half time adjustments did in the Utes in the 2nd half.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Question is which half if the best predictor for either team? I do believe we are not yet a good enough team to roll on despite TOs. I do see encouraging things from new players. In the past, even our best players were not consistent in their first games especially as true freshmen. I hope to see us settle in before we are all done this year. Now with Oregon State knocking off Oregon, we can expect a game we need to fight for 4 quarters.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Didn’t really need any adjustments. Don’t throw stupid interceptions, punt on 4th down, dont fumble in the red zone and it’s a 10 win at worst.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I know everyone is going to bash me for the excuse, but that inability to adjust could very well be the youth.  When you come in getting everything taught to you, your tendancy is to supress your instincts.  Just saying

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football UW game thoughts