Vegas baby!

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Kliavkoff wants to move Pac-12 HQ to Vegas, and offer early season neutral site games against Pac-12 opponents to the rest of the country, in Vegas. He wants to make Vegas a neutral-site hub like Arlington & Atlanta.

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/02/usc-trojans-football-vs-sec-in-las-vegas-it-might-happen-sooner-than-you-think/

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Vegas is a horror show.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

You are a horror show. Please stop.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Vegas is a disgusting place to call HQ. It is a place of US excess, filth, drug-use, prostitution, and a dead-end for many. That’s a no-brainer to me.

3 1

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

So is San Francisco. In fact you can find it in any city. And not just in the US. Vegas is definitely the better option.

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

There is definitely a difference, for me, between that eyesore, light-bulb, gambling beast in the middle of the desert and San Francisco, but I understand what you are saying.

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

PS I am not arguing for San Francisco to remain the HQ. 

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

I love Vegas.  Amazing food, entertainment, hotels, outdoor recreation, bars/clubs, world class stadium, amazing golf, shopping, there is so much to do there for everyone.  Sure you can focus on the homeless or strip clubs/prostitution, but that’s a pretty simple minded way to look at the city.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

Fwiw, San Fran has a worse homeless problem and the strip clubs don’t pay the girls as much. The prostitutes are all trafficked and are slaves. Not as much of an issue in Vegas.

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

I am not well-versed in the sex trade, @flip2848. However, sex trade is sex trade is sex trade, is it not? Also, I am not arguing that San Francisco is a better place for the HQ. I am stating that Las Vegas is not a good place.

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

I am simple-minded, @riseasutes. In my opinion, the things you list as positives are examples of the US excess that I mentioned above. Las Vegas is a US consumer playground. Thank you for expressing your opinion. I respect what you are saying.

RiseasUtes
                Ute Fan
                @riseasutes

I wasn’t calling you simple minded, but the way you judge a city.  Vegas has tons of stuff to do for every type of personality.  Sure, it has a ton of stuff that isn’t necessary, but fun for many.  There are also things to do that don’t cost anything that are recreational(hiking, biking etc).  It is a great city for the Pac12 to utilize.  Easy access to most of the schools in the conference and it’s pretty centrally located.  It’s a no brainer, IMO, to make the move.

dystopiamembrane
                  Ute Fan
                  @dystopiamembrane

Thank you for expressing your opinion. I respect your stance on the matter.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I call it like I see it. I do respect your opinion, however.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I didn’t mean to raise anyone’s ire. I understand your position.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I suppose I am a horrow show, @johnny

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Moving our HQ to Las Vegas is both a no-brainer, and a welcomed decision.  Scott should have done that years ago.

Oh well.  Better late than never.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m all for it.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Definitely a no-brainer. I prefer games played on campus to neutral site games. But I can see where this would be great exposure for the conference, booking big time OOC games. Super optimistic about the hire of Kliavkoff.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Agreed. But at least our “neutral” site games won’t all be in their back yards anymore.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Vegas baby!