View from W13, row 20

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The good:

We have a QB! I was impressed with Williams. He was money.

McCormick was very good.

The defensive secondary looked fairly good. The unknown (to me) linebackers played well.

The new digital down markers looked great and are easy to see.

Special teams were very good. Great punting and great punt returns. Solid.

The bad:

The O line was surprisingly not very good. They’re young. Hope they get it together. Speaking of the line of scrimmage, I thought we would dominate that more. Yes I know we pitched a shutout.

Joe Williams put the ball on the ground. That’s not good. We had hoped he worked on that a and fixed it from last year.

I thought we would dominate more. Did I say that?

It is what it is:

We don’t have that “power” run game like we did with booker now. More speed, less power. Not sure if it’s good or bad. It just is what it is. Strange to go to more of a passing attack. Not used to seeing that.

The crowd was a sellout but the energy wasn’t there. Not there for the team as much either. Chalk it up to the opponent, who really brought it.

Sound

The new sound system is so much better than the old piece of junk. It sounded like it was all around. Not piercing. Understandable. Nicely done. Probably needs some small tweaks but it’s great.

Scoreboard

The new scoreboard is AWESOME.

Drum Thing

I’ve liked the drum thing over the last few years, but this one was lame, and they were playing in sync with some canned music over the sound system. That’s a fail for me.

bighand
      Ute Fan
      @bighand

Just when I thought the 4th quarter drums couldn’t get any worse….they go and prove me wrong.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I used to like them. This time not so much.

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

The scoreboard was awesome!

I liked how clear the sound was, but thought it was too loud. Because it was so clear I didnt think it needed to be so loud. Yes, I know I sound old. Because I’m getting old. And I’d like to have better hearing than my dad does when I get even older.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I agree with cbmute. Too loud. Nice and clear sound system, massive improvement. But the announcer was so enthused to be hearing himself so clearly and at such a high volume that he overspoke the ref a few times and was quite obnoxious at others. I agree, just turn it down – the system is great, no need to blow everyone away.

I thought the miking of the drum and the music and stuff made it a lot better. Granted, I don’t like it still. But instead of smelly crap, it’s a little less smelly crap.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football View from W13, row 20