Views on Harding?

Viewing 7 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Keep, or let go? If latter, realistic options to replace him?

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

The entire Oline situation has been a bit of a mystery. I don’t pay attention to all the details other than what the media and coaches say. So the coaches and their hired media hitmen rave how good the Oline was suppose to be before the season starts. The Covid weirdness sets in and all of sudden there are three Freshman starting on the Oline and they go from one of the experienced strengths of the team to one of the young, developing position groups? Is this a Covid recovery thing (if so, hope all are okay since it’s been a couple weeks) or are the experienced guys getting beat out?

Not passing judgement, only confused how one of the noted biggest strengths of the team coming into this year now appears to be after two games one of the weaker position groups???

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Clearly covid isn’t completely behind the team. They nearly didn’t have enough scholarship players last Friday which was why they waited until 3 pm to leave. I dont knowing it’s a new outbreak or the same. If it’s new, it’s not the same people from the first two weeks.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

The pre fall depth chart had starters that were not playing. Much of the OL went thru 10 days quarantine. If you have coached even little league you know an OL needs to practice and play a game as a unit. Until then and as folks come and go, you won’t see them play good in competitive games. We can accept the brutal facts of our current reality and wait or pull our hair out. With so many and without knowing the intended depth chart without covid, it is hard to tell. Not sure if this week gives us a good week with the 1s practicing as a unit. Need to watch the starters and it may take more games to see the intended unit in a second game. As we go thru this shuffle, comparing them to others is wrongheaded. I know we want football now but clearly Utah’s start is coming after others. The OL may or may not be improved, find an appropriate time for that analysis.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

You’ve nailed my thoughts. I just don’t believe there’s enough data points to be able to actually judge this year’s OL.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Kind of figured it was a musical chairs situation with the Covid impact. Upside is the new guys are getting reps for next year making for a lot of depth and competition for starting positions.

1 4

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Get Rid Of Him. It’s the same story every year. We’ve seen this same show for 7 years. We are always “waiting” always. This is his job, his position group. He is the constant.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Slightly off topic. Heard during their first game, Oregon’s entire Oline is new this year taking snaps in college game for the first time as a unit. Point is, Utah is a far cry from UOs offensive line. They just have players ready to step right in every season.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Exactly my point. UO lost every o- lineman from last year and they are fine. No one expects the line to be perfect or to have one year of rebuilding. But every year is the same story

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Yeah, the core of frustration is the Oline, WRs, and QB were billed as the strength by coaches and the Utah media ranch hands. Utah is going to have QB problem next year if Rising is not ready.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I defer to Ludwig and K-Whitt.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Our secondary is far from great. C+ at best. There is a ton of potential but long way off from the last 2 years.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Secondary with all new players facing USC and UW receivers is a C+….

“experienced” Oline is what grade?

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Hard to say experienced when the experienced guys aren’t playing cause of the Rona. 

also, secondary is much easier to play than line. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Some would argue CB is the hardest position to play

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Views on Harding?