Visiting Suggestions for USC Game

Viewing 5 reply threads

dwwomack
      Ute Fan
      @dwwomack

I’m headed to LA for my first Utah away game outside the state. For those of you who have traveled to the Coliseum do you have any suggestions on things to do, places to eat, etc.?  How will the game day experience be? I won’t be in the visiting section so I’m curious how my interaction with USC fans will go. 

cicampbe
      Ute Fan
      @cicampbe

I’ll be there as well and also curious about suggestions.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

2 years ago they were pretty inviting(outside of a handful of tools).  Go a little bit early, most of the tailgating etc is on the west side of the stadium(stadium faces east/west as opposed to the traditional north/south).  Seats are uncomfortable, but they are all individual seats.  Its in a not so nice area so if you are parking, find a gated or well lit area.

Ill be there also.  Hopefully this game turns out differently than it did 2 years ago.

shakeitsugaree
      Ute Fan
      @shakeitsugaree

I’ve never been to a game at the Coliseum, but whenever I’m in LA I go for Korean BBQ in Koreatown. Been to a few places, all terrific.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Have not been to a USC game but have been in the general area for other business.  If you go northeast up S. Figueroa there is a general business district you can find a place for dinner before the game; mostly chain stuff.  Further northeast, near Staples Center there are quite a few parking lots and more upscale eateries in the LA Live District there.  By then, however, you are 2 miles from the Coleseum so not sure that’s the best option especially if you’re hoofing it from there (kinda sketchy area).

More gameday and parking info

http://stadiumparkingguides.com/los-angeles-memorial-coliseum-parking/

Parach-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @parach-ute

I’ve been the last two games at the Coliseum and both we disappointed. Even when Utah came in ranked #3, the stadium wasn’t even close to being full. The band plays the same songs over and over again. The fans are pleasant because, to them, Utah poses no threat. The biggest insult is indifference. Until Utah beats a contending USC team in the Coliseum, the fans will not take Utah seriously as a threat.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Visiting Suggestions for USC Game