Washington vs Auburn in Atlanta … make your call

Viewing 8 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Consensus line is Auburn by 3.

I think Auburn by 6, maybe 33 to 27.  But hope Washington surprises me to redeem the Pac-12 a bit from the disastrous bowl season.  More likely to win a low-scoring game?

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I’ve got Washington winning 27 – 23.

3 3

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Petersen has made his money on early season wins. 

I think Browning is the most over-rated QB since Jake Heaps. 

20-17 Washington in an ugly, ugly game. Washington’s DL controls the game. Gaskins runs for 150 yards. Washington goes +2 in the TO category and wins it. 

5 2

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Comparing Browning to Heaps? And you have the nerve to call Ute fans who saw flaws with last night’s performance ignorant? 

Wow. 

1 2

User Suspended
          @a2ute

q

Image result for preach on gif

3 4

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Yup, and you prove me right again. Did I say Browning was as bad as Heaps? Did I say they were similar players? No to both. 

I said Browning was overhyped to the same level as Heaps. Both players’ reputation was vastly better than their actual skill. 

People talk about Browning like he is first round pick. He’s not an NFL QB. That level of over-hype is very Heaps-esque. 

1 1

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Did I say that you said they were similar players? No. But you compared them and your comparison couldn’t be further from reality. 

Heaps was the #1 QB in the country and fell flat on his face in college.

I’m not sure what Browning’s rating was coming out of high school, but his performance has been every bit what you would expect from a top flight QB coming out of high school. There is no way he has been over-hyped. Saying he is over-hyped like Heaps was is one of the most laughable statements I have ever heard. He had 43 TDs to just 9 INTs as a sophomore and you think he is over-hyped? Unbelievable.

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

Last year he was 19/5. Sophomore year he had a nearly 5:1 TD to INT ratio. Last year was about 4:1. That’s a pretty big slide.

2 1

UteThunder
                Ute Fan
                @utethunder

It would appear most of that drop was due to running the ball more in the red zone last year compared to the year before. As a team they had 37 rushing TDs last year, up from 24 the year before. Browning also attempted 60 fewer passes as a junior than he did as a sophomore. 

Regardless, you can’t be overhyped if you throw 43 TD passes to only 9 INTs in any year of your college career. @Utah is completely up in the night on this one.

1 1

ironman1315
                  Ute Fan
                  @ironman1315

He had two or three big time talents his sophomore year at the receiving positions.

1 1

Central Coast Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @flip2848

Most of that drop was because John Ross graduated. That’s why they had to run the ball more. Plus they had several WR injuries last year. Browning is a system QB period. It was his receivers and Petersen’s system that made him look good. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Auburn

alharmon
      @alharmon

Gotta go with Auburn. I hope Washington can surprise and represent the conference well, but we will see. 24-20 Auburn is my prediction.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

27-24, Washington.

Auburn does have an outstanding run game, but I think Washington matches up well against the run. UW also has a top-tier secondary and can make Auburn one-dimensional. Browning is a better QB than Stidham, and I give Peterson a slight edge as a coach over Gus Malzahn.

It’s going to be a tough, physical game, but I think it comes down to UW being able to stop Auburn’s rush attack and force Stidham to throw on crucial downs. If they can do that, maybe get a turnover or two and the UW defense gets some time to rest, I think Washington wins.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Auburn by 10. Home game for them and I’m not sure Browning can beat a top team.

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

Pulling for the conference mates, but I just don’t believe they can get the big win that the PAC-12 reputation desperately needs. 

27-24 War Eagle

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

The PAC-12 needs a reputation boost. A lot of analysts have crapped on the conference all offseason. Some criticism has been valid but most of it is overblown based on bowl results.

I also believe the SEC lives in a bubble that protects themselves. They are very good at selling their conference as the best in the nation, which they typically very good but not as much as some would have you believe.

That being said, (one of my favorite lines of recruit speech) I want Washington to win in a bad way.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Washington vs Auburn in Atlanta … make your call