Watch hole 18 of the 2021 Disc Golf World Championships. Amazing.

Viewing 4 reply threads

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

So waiting for football to start, strange things pop up on my youtube recommends.  Somehow this evening I got hooked into watching the 2021 Disc Golf World Championships. Probably because it was held in Ogden in June of this year.  I didn’t know this existed before tonight.

Just watch hole 18 starting at about 44:20.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The announcers made me laugh but that was cool. 

kazute
        Ute Fan
        @kazute

Yes. I was impressed with the overall production quality. They announce on a delay talking over the footage, so the response can’t be that spontaneous, seems real time though. One of the announcers was a guy in the competition that was just in front of the final group of 4. He ended up taking 3rd place I believe.

1 1

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

I call your Disc Golf World Championship and raise you this crazy “sport”.

Cup Stacking

kazute
        Ute Fan
        @kazute

Seems like a young kids game. Like really young.

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

I watched that for longer than I would have anticipated…

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Back in the 80s/90s, a bunch of us used to play disc golf at Creekside (a bit west of where the Cottonwood Mall used to be).  Lots of fun. I believe the course has a new name now.  Used to be the only course around here back then, but lots of them are spawning up as the sport grows.

kazute
          Ute Fan
          @kazute

It got me sucked in for some reason.

I remember Creekside Park well. Played the “frisbee” course a few times, but never did very well using just a frisbee. Looked like a fun activity to try out again.

When I was even younger, there was a swampy area that we would wade in and catch frogs. But small snails would climb up your legs under your jeans and get crushed between your jeans and legs. Gross, I know.

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

This showed up on my YouTube feed this morning. Just the shot.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Watch hole 18 of the 2021 Disc Golf World Championships. Amazing.