Watching other tournaments

Viewing 2 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

It is blatantly obvious that Pac12 basketball is awful.

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

Yes!  I’ve watched a little BB from other conferences and have been pleaseantly surpirsed to see some motion, screens, teams running sets that look like they’ve been practiced, rather than NBA style, one guy dribble-driving, one guy gaurding him, and 8 other players spaced out watching.

Particularly the Big10.  I miss real basketball.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

Yeah good basketball everywhere except Pac-12.  I just came back from the Utah state game.  Amazing what that coach has done in his first year; won conference tourney and co-champ league.  So much movement away from ball, so much weak side help, great game management. 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

I watched parts of a few games from Big10, Big 12, ACC, and SEC tournaments. Outside of Duke/UNC, UVA, Kansas, and other serious bluebloods, I came away unimpressed with the defense they were playing. I see Oregon’s defense as far more stout than others.
        Maybe it is the way the game is called in those leagues, and maybe the PAC-12 allows teams like Oregon to body up and reach in constantly where other leagues would call fouls on Defense. Or maybe those other teams were just much better at spreading the floor so the Defense has to respect them.
        But after watching the Ducks absolutely another teams with their swarming defense, I am left thinking they will actually make some noise in the tournament this year.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

I’m picking Oregon to make the sweet 16.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Watching other tournaments