Wazzu easily the better matchup for us, but its fitting we have to go through UW

Viewing 2 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

To get our first title. They’ve been the standard for several years now and weve struggled to beat them, to say the least. Pete is the only coach that regularly outcoaches whit. Hell it goes back to our first p12 game ever (which I still maintain we win if Wynn doesn’t go down). I’ve been to the last 3 games against them and I want revenge for all of them

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I’m not sure Wazzu is easily the better match up. Here’s how I am looking at it:

A great QB (Minshew) can hurt you in more ways than a great RB (Gaskin). And Minshew can score quickly. No amount of lead would be sufficient against a team like that.

UW has a better defense, but WSU’s D isn’t that shabby either. With Shelley and Shyne, scoring 20-25 points against UW seems more achievable than scoring 40-45 points against WSU.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’d rather play UW than WSU any day. It’s too bad we don’t have Moss. 

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

If we had moss and Huntley I might not feel that way. That defense is a tough matchup for a freshman without a star running back carrying the ball to share the load. 

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

I don’t know why everyone is so terrified of the air raid. Seems to me Wazzu would have been the much better match up for us

1. Not only did we only give up 28 points, we gave up only 7 in the second half. Two of the TDs came on DBs gambling for no reason and giving up very long scores. Totally uncharacteristic of us, I doubt they would do it again.

2. Defense is and has always been this teams identity. If I were to trust either unit to win the game it would be the defense.

3. I think people are seriously underestimating how good washingtons defense is. Without Huntley and Moss, it’s going to be a tough nut to crack.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wazzu easily the better matchup for us, but its fitting we have to go through UW