We are going 6-6 instead of 8-4 this year

Viewing 3 reply threads
      13 2

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

For the chance to go 10-2/11-1 next year. Kyle may be on the hot seat according to some fans, but he is no dummy and I’m certain his boss gets it as well.

We could have ridden out Troy Williams and have 2 more wins, instead of putting all eggs in the Huntley basket to get him and the pieces around him ready for next year. 
      By the way, at 8-4 I’m sure fans would still be unhappy.
      7 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Before the season I had us at 7/5, winning the Stanford game. Our schedule this year is/was brutal plus add in the injuries. Kyle is not on any hot seat as far as I’m concerned.

3 1

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Oh for sure, I don’t think he is on the hot seat according to the people that matter, just in the imaginations of some fans.

2 1

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

I think his seat get pretty warm if he fails to make it to a bowl game this year.

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

This year? Nah. Next year? Yes.

2 1

Xanthis
            Ute Fan
            @xanthis

Warm implies that his seat is hot the following season. I don’t think Kyle survives another stretch of missing bowl games two years in a row. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Disagree Whitt will be able to retire when he wants on his own terms. That last contract seems to indicate an unending bond with the program. What Whitt has done for the program is unprecendented in the programs history. No one will be able to replicate what he has done ever. 

Xanthis
                Ute Fan
                @xanthis

No one will be able to replicate what he has done ever. 

This type of statement is never true. 

ladyinred
                  Ute Fan
                  @ladyinred

I think BGU is being a smart ass. Even though I like Whit, I for some reason like BGU too. I’m very conflicted.

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

I am not saying Utah will never beat Bama again or anything like that. I am saying what Whitt has done for the program will never be replicated because it is history. His PAC record is less than stellar, inability to field an offense obviously. But beating Bama in the Sugar bowl as an underdog like that. It just will never happen. Whitt is Utah’s hall of fame football coach. Frankly Utah doesn’t have that much of a history when it comes to Football anyways. Just the facts. 

noneyadb
                  Ute Fan
                  @noneyadb

Considering Whitt took Utah from G5 to P5, pretty safe to say that never be done at Utah again. 😉

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Unending until death*

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

I think fan expectations next year are already too high. We always seem to replenish our dline, but our already aching LB group is going to be taking a big hit. I’m sure they will move Hansen to LB, which will help, but the dude cannot stay on the field. He goes in and out of every game with various injuries.

Wilson is a good WR and hopefully can improve, but Simpkins is very inconsistent, and either way they’re not close to Carrington in ability. We’ve seen this year just how much the throw game dips when he isn’t playing.

I hope Darnold goes to the NFL. If he does, Utah, Arizona and (still)USC will probably be the front runners for the south in the pre season.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

OL is the linchpin. If we tighten and toughen up, we get 2-3 more games or better.

Our team is a PAC12 team now but a lot of the fans still haven’t left MWC in terms of expectations and rivalry. It’s not fair to the team or the coaches.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We are going 6-6 instead of 8-4 this year